Area prospects now 3 stars on rivals!

VTIME

How come the best player on the best team in the state, if not the country, is a lowly three stars?

Weak talent. Its not hard to be a giant among pygmies assuming that this only ranks the talent inthat particular class. Given what I've read on here, seems like Suggs, Brandenburg, Griffey adn others in a general ranking of the overall area, might be rated higher. The scientific formula for ratings is, however, who's opinion is subjectively perceived to mean more.

Frankly, from an observer's platform, I can't wait to see how the Powell saga plays out. It will be interesting to see why he goes to junior college as much as it will be interesting to see why the University of Unknown beats out the College of Obscure or wahtever for his talents.

>It is interesting to see Illinois leads Powell's choices,

>while Kansas leads for Roundtree. Hmm, kinda slants my view

>of how much legwork MOSports spends trying to verify if the

>"interest" is mutual.

>

>How come the best player on the best team in the state, if

>not the country, is a lowly three stars?

He's not the top rated player in the state in his class (Goode, Cole are bigger prospects.) He might be as good as those guys though. He is however unsigned player in the state in his class and 3 stars isnt so lowly when you think he also made ESPN's top 150 players list for 2007.