Chicago alums at the game

I am the local chapter president and we did have a good showing - guessing we had 30-40 people; thanks to all who attended the game and the pre-game reception. It was miserable night as far as the weather was concerned. Loyola gave us a nice bonus with all our reserved seats right behind the Billiken bench.

I was able to talk to Coach Brad after the game after his post-game Ramsey interview and he said he and the team were really surprised and happy that there were so many SLU fans there - and really active during the entire game.

I think this game meant much more as far as recruiting being that it was broadcast in Chicago on Comcast SportNet. We need a star player from Chicago every three years or so (see Marque Perry.)

If anyone wants to select a bar in Chicago to meet for game-watches, please let me know. I'm not sure how many are on satellite so there may not be many games to see. The December 22nd UNC game could be one even though it's Christmas weekend.

We definetly need a bar to watch Billikens games at in Chicago. Last year, I watched a bunch at Schoolyard on Southport. I would propose Brownstone or there is a new bar opening up in Lakeview called Kirkwood's.

Earlier in the year I had proposed Lincoln Station. They don't have a college team they sponsor and we might be able to work out something where it becomes the official Billiken bar. We just need to guarantee some sort of showing for Billiken games and we need them to ensure that they will have the games on satellite.

I am going to the UNC game but am willing to help try and find a bar.

I just thought I'd say that I had my mother and grandmother attend the game at the Gentile Center the other night. They sat in some padded seats because both are old, and thus did not sit with any other SLU fans... but both said they had a wonderful time.

My grandmother now has a "crush" on Kevin Lisch as well.