CUSA PROJECTED RECORD

slu72

Read with interest that thread about where we end up based on how we do in conference. My best sceneario is we go 10-6 and this happens only without any hiccups or toe stubs.

SHOULD BE WINS AGAINST THE BOTTOM FEEDERS:

@ TCU

H SMISS

H SFLOR

H ECU

H HOU

@ TULANE = TOTAL 6 WINS(TWO ROADIES)

WINS ALL HOME GAMES AND ONE AWAY AGAINST "WE COULD A BEEN CONTENDERS"

CLT

DEP

MQETTE ( A BIG ?)

@DEP (THIS COULD BE OUR SEASON'S MOST CRITICAL GAME)

THE HEAVIES-LOSSES:

H PITINOVILLE CARDS

@ MQETTE TURNCOATS

@ HUGS THUGS

@ MEMPHIS STYLE FRIED CALAMARI

@ CHARLOTTE O'HARA (LORD, I HOPE NOT, I GOT THE DATE RIGHT THIS YEAR)

@ UAB SPEEDWAY

Now, can we pull off an upset? UL looks tempting. Mqette? We play 'em tough in the Bradley. UC, can lightning strike twice in a row-not? Another miracle, albeit a minor one, in Messphis? UAB? My pick for the best potential upset is Charlotte. They don't play D, and if we can control the tempo we make it close plus I'm going to be there with hat and sweatshirt on (Roy, have you forgotten something?)

But the big question is can we avoid a toe stub, a burp, a wheel coming off against the teams we are supposed to beat? Tulane looks scary at home. Houston isn't playing bad, but we're at home should not be a problem. TCU, openers always make me nervous. Can we beat RuePaul in Chicago? They don't have a big home court advantage, in fact I'd venture to say if a bunch of Bills fans decided to charter a bus, we might outnumber them if some Windy City alums make the game.

In any event, I think we should, God, dare I say it, easily, I know Taj '79 Mahal, there's nothing easy for the Bills, go 9-7. Without the above mentioned glitch, 10-6 is a possiblity but it requires at least one upset somewhere, beating RuePaul in chicago qualifies to my way of thinking.

11-5 makes two upsets preferably in Charlotte. 12-4, we got UL's number the last three years, makes three and you get the picture. Of course, I'd prefer we go 16-0, but I'd also like a date with Christie Brinkley (did I just age myself?)

I've given up trying to predict this team. I can look at the schedule and draw up our record, but that usually goes down the crapper after a few games. We win/compete against the teams we should get killed by and get killed by the teams we should beat (ok, killed is a little over board but you get the point). I think we can pull off 12-4. How it goes down though is anybody's guess....one of the best things about being a Billiken fan!

As of right now, the Bills have done exactly what I thought they would do prior to the season with the exception of the game at Dayton. My projection was 15-12 (regular season), 9-7 C-USA. If they hold form to my expectations (win the rest of their home games except to Louisville but lose the rest of their road games except at Tulane &l;a daunting task&r;), then they'll finish 16-11 (9-7 C-USA). Right now the most optimistic I get is their beating Louisville and going 17-10 (10-6). Anything beyond that would be unexpected (to me). Of course, I'm rooting for the Bills to win every game -- and every game left on the schedule is winnable, to an extent (@ Cincy, @Memphis, and @UAB will be extremely tough) -- but I'm realistic.