Legion 1818 and the Blue Crew

GOPBilliken

Legion 1818 is the supporters group for the Billikens soccer programs.

Blue Crew is the supporters group for the Billikens basketball programs.

While both groups share many resources, and advice, they are two seperate entities in regards to the sports they support.

In addition, SLU soccer is most certainly NOT over for either of our programs. Our men's team will almost certainly be returning home for between 1-3 NCAA tournament games, before the College Cup, and the women's program is in the same boat. Legion 1818's campaign is definitely not over.

With all that said, I spoke face to face with bluecrewprez today, and I expressed my excitement for Soderberg and the Bball Billikens. I am extremely excited about Billiken athletics right now, not only considering the wonerful state of our soccer programs, but the high potential our basketball team has. I have a lot of faith that, come March, SLU will be going crazy... like no one has ever seen before.

I think it would be excellent for Legionaries to make it out to the Scottrade for every home game. As your moniker says - "Legion 1818," the year our University was established. It has, if you think about it, nothing sport-specifically implied, other than you state in your creed that you are soccer fans. Blue Crew shows up at Soccer games. You guys should show up at Basketball games. I look forward to seeing another Student faction making a ruckus at the Scottrade Center. In fact, everybody would agree that the more students we have going nucking futs out there, the better. Get to the games, Legion.

Is it possible to be members of both the Legion and the Crew? If so, how many double members are there. I would certainly want to be involved with both if I were still a student.

I agree with Jin on that. There is a mutual respect between our two organizations and we support each other's motivations to enhance Billiken Pride across campus...and while I encourage the MEMBERS of Legion 1818 to come out to basketball games, I don't think the organization itself should ever feel obligated to come to basketball games. As he said: we are dedicated to our respective sports.

On a bit of a tangent: I hope most of you had the opportunity to see Legion 1818 in action this soccer season. If you didn't, you really missed out. I think what Jin, his executive board, and his members have accomplished this year is outstanding and I can't wait to see what is in store for them in the following years. I am not a big soccer fan, but I found myself going to almost every game just because it was so much fun to be in that section screaming with those guys. They are gonna give BLUE CREW a run for our money in the next few years in terms of membership and commitment. As alums and SLU fans, you should be very proud of what they have been able to do this year with limited funds and limited time to organize.