Question about posting on here

I've noticed that whenever another team is mentioned on here, that there are a few people that question what it has to do with SLU. This generally happens whenever the Illini or Mizzou are brought up but I've seen it happen with other teams also. Don't get me wrong, if thats the way things are around here, don't really care. I'm just so used to other team's boards where ANY discussion about basketball is welcomed, whether it be the home team, a rival or any team in general. The reason I brought this up is I was reading the discussion on Kelvin Sampson when, of course, someone had to ask what this was in conjunction with SLU basketball.

Enlighten me.

Thanks to Nark for the use of the Billiken

My take is people are often jumped on in reaction to things said in the past. If you respect people, they will probably respect you; those that don't...who cares. Often, topics other than SLU are thought to carry a hidden agenda. To paraphrase T Roosevelt, or more accurately bastardize what he said, "post what you want, but carry a thick skin." I personally think Sampson deserves whatever he gets from this board since he stepped in at the last minute...even though he was under recruiting sanctions...and was able to grab Stemler, who some of the board thought was surely coming here.

If you are posting about College Basketball, 99% of the time it is okay. This board has has some recent disputes/unwaiverings (a lot by myself) about what topics should be discussed.

Pretty much, consider the Board a Billiken Basketball first, with occasional other topics of SLU discussion (Professors, soccer, etc). Then a College Basketball board. I am personally fine discussing college and high school basketball on here as long as it doesn't come to dominate over SLU stuff and is relavent/non-repetitive.

Then there is the occasional St. Louis interest thread, i.e. something from Bonwich, Nark, or others about the city; Cardinals in the Playoffs, etc. However, these are sparse.

Feel free to post what you would like. If you are too off-topic, you will know, but usually one's personal judgement suffices for what is appropriate for Billikens.com.

While I have been stricter recently, Billikens.com is likely one of the more lenient boards you will find.