The women's team is beating Mizzou...

I watched most of the game and this was a very nice effort by the women of Billikenland. It appeared taht MU was bigger and more athletic but we played tough and kept fighting. this is particularly nice because they bounced back from a terrible game against SIU. It is too bad it was not a victory!

I stayed 'til the bitter end - it went down to the final seconds. We matched MU with athleticism, but they were bigger and stronger. It looks like they all lift weights. Their bigs had true post-up skills. Our two sr. bigs are very athletic and have a number of clever moves around the basket. However, when they try a drop-step post-up, it usually comes right back in their face, as did short jumpers facing the basket. As far as coaching goes, I can't say that MU had any edge. At the very end of the game, SLU came out of a timeout and had a shot clock violation. With one more chance a few seconds later to tie it, our smallest player...who is our best ball handler...took it directly to the hoop with no chance to shoot over the taller Tiger players in the paint. We have many great shooters, and we needed set plays to get open shots at the end, and failed at that. It was a fun game, and a great place to take small kids - a real family atmosphere.