still weeping, weeping...

gruehls

http://newsinfo.nd.edu/content.cfm?topicid=48

"Brief History: A Legendary Past

"In fact, the early Notre Dame was a university in name only. It encompassed religious novitiates, preparatory and grade schools and a manual labor school, but its classical collegiate curriculum never attracted more than a dozen students a year in the early decades.

"Based on the ratio studiorum used by the Jesuits at St. Louis University, this curriculum included four years of humanities, poetry, rhetoric and philosophy, plus offerings in French, German, Spanish and Italian and various forms of music and drawing."

Who's your daddy, Domers!

It's amazing that in spite of the fact that our school is significantly older than many of the country's top institutions (Northwestern, Vanderbilt, Johns Hopkins, Chicago, Rice, Stanford, Wash U., etc.) and that our curriculum was copied by schools like Notre Dame, we're not more highly regarded. The U. must have been poorly run for a long period of time.

well dang! now i'm weeping over how my thread has been hijacked.

bonwich, my dog's breath smells like cat. better check on how your lil feline is faring.

bbill, i picked up on the "avoid the east" as we headed west.

scriv, wow! having a child at xavier u is a pain unique unto itself. thnx for commiserating.

doc, thnx for the advice.

b&w, thnx for mentioning both northwestern and vanderbilt.

junior is working on hoops tix for a weekend game when we visit. i hope for the chance to hook up with you fine fellas.

uh, i gotta say it: "GO BILLIKENS!"

p.s. slu72, i am personally working to ban internet access at trailer parks. in doing so, i have you in mind.