Groundbreaking for the Arena & the Schedule

bauman

I decided to start a new thread on this since SLU 72's turned into a back and forth name calling with my favorite poster-'Phan. CL was on Frank's show this morning and talked alot about Monday's Groundbreaking Ceremony and the Arena itself. As you would expect she was extremely upbeat about the quality of the facility (a combination of the best features of many different arenas) and its impact on recruiting.

Re the groundbreaking at 12:00 noon, she made a big point of correcting a general misunderstanding that it was by invitation only. She said all were invited and she said she would like to see 1000 people there. It seems like someone dropped the ball on getting this word out on a timely basis.

Those of you who still waste your time and $$$ on the PD should search the fine print and footnotes everyday in the "Sports" section. If you are VERY thorough you may actually find something on the Bills or something related to the Program. Buried on the back pages yesterday and today you might have been able to find a small note about the change in the schedule (yesterday) or the Groundbreaking Ceremony (today). Guys you just need to start looking harder to uncover the little hidden gems, on the only Div 1 basketball program in the city the PD claims as its home!!!

Finally, CL talked in some detail about how this years' schedule was built-every game has the same purpose-getting us in the NCAA this year. She said she and Brad spent alot of time, including time with A10 Conf. officials, on the design of the schedule.

Thank goodness for Frank and his KFNS program-without it we wouldn't have news on Billiken basketball.

It seems like someone dropped the ball on getting this word out on a timely basis.

So who exactly dropped the ball? Is this our own fault(SLU) or is the Post Dispatch's fault?

>Those of you who still waste your time and $$$ on the PD

>should search the fine print and footnotes everyday in the

>"Sports" section. If you are VERY thorough you may actually

>find something on the Bills or something related to the

>Program. Buried on the back pages yesterday and today you

>might have been able to find a small note about the change

>in the schedule (yesterday) or the Groundbreaking Ceremony

>(today). Guys you just need to start looking harder to

>uncover the little hidden gems, on the only Div 1 basketball

>program in the city the PD claims as its home!!!

You sure sound like you "waste your time and $$$" on the PD. If I hated something so much I don't thing I'd spend my money on it. What an idiot you are.

>Thank goodness for Frank and his KFNS program-without it we

>wouldn't have news on Billiken basketball.

YOu mean the radio station that is the "HOme of the Billikens" will actually give us updates on the program every few months???? How generous of them. What would we do without them?

Much to my surprise, when I got home from a very fulfilling night of baseball (which even Izzy couldn't screw up), I had an email from SLU with an invitation to the groundbreaking cermony on Monday.

Guess someone in their office read the board and my comments the other day on season ticket holders not being contacted.