sec acc shake up

On the radio here in little rock frank broyles (ad at u of ark) said that he thought the acc would be going after kentucky or south caralina for there 12 team. If that happens I would think that Louiville would be headed to the sec.

If it happens that would still leave the big east looking for some teams to play football with.

That is interesting news D1 (BTW, how is Little Rock treating you?). The Big East's hope of holding together itself as a football conference appears to be riding on recruiting the best available football schools to replace Miami and VT. Louisville is the best target I think, with Cincy / Marshall / Memphis a step down. If the BE is not able to land Louisville, in my mind, it has huge problems. I read somewhere that by 2005 you need 8 teams (as opposed to the current 6) to be a D1 conference in any given sport. The BE is currently down to 6 football schools.

The best thing that could happen for SLU is for the BE football and B-ball schools to part company.

No way Memphis goes to SEC. One Tennessee would never allow, two the SEC thinks memphis is second rate and three Memphis hates the sec for those two reasons. Memphis is screwed in the realignment scenario because of their terrible football team. They will be on the outside looking in on most of these conference shakeups.

South carolina sounds like a possibilty, they were once in the ACC but left to go independent. I don't think Kentucky would go acc, they would not enhance the football league in any way.

Little rock is surprisingly a hidden jewel. I bought a lot nicer house for the same money I had in my 75 year old home in stl (stl hills). Traffic in not bad. No pro sports but a lot of things to do outside.

The down fall of the place is my new team ualr, a top 200 rpi team. Wide open offense with little defense. They do have a guard the declared for the nba draft but pulled his name out at the last minute. I watched him play last year and he is in range when he crosses half court.

They talk on there board about the samething we do: trading up in conferences and recruiting.

Job is great. I travel about 4 to 6 hours a day.

d-1, sorry i didnt try to get in touch with you a couple of weekends ago when i was in hot springs. unfortunately, my wife had the weekend lined out virtually minute by minute. since i dominate family planning time in the winter and make her go to beaucoup high school and college basketball games, the least i could do is agree to 4 days of in-laws. had i had a few hours available, i would have been in little rock in a second to have lunch. unfortunately that wasnt possible. sorry.

If any of you guys come through in bb season let me know, tickets are pretty easy.

I will be up for the arizona game for sure and a few more. I also plan on going to kc for the first round of the ncaa's and stl for the regionals. Lets get to gether for a few beers.

Well things are good my baby boy will be here in 4 weeks. Trying get as much sleep as I can before he gets here.