who is everyone

Neither..I can't get excited about pro sports any more. Loved the Cards when I was a kid back there. Grew up in Richmond Heights and Marty Marion lived behind me. So I became a shortstop for the Sioux that summer and for a few years until I went from Little Flower to SLUH where my baseball days ended.

When I came out here in 1970 I was a USF Dons fan. Jebbie school, I bought a duplex nearby and went to all the games. They could never fill a 7,000 seat on campus gym with great teams! One year they were #1 in the country going undefeated all year, and you could walk up and buy a ticket to any home game except rival Santa Clara. The last game of the season was a loss at Notre Dame, first game of the west regionals they were blown out by UNLV and it was over. I think they ended 28-2.

I would love to see the Bills come out to play ST. Marys, coached by Randy Bennet. I saw them play Cal under Romar,USF with Spoon and Santa Clara under Grawer many years ago. All losses for the team I was cheering for...the one and only Billikens.

USF is small...but I like that hill on campus. Sort of weird to see the gym right in middle of campus. My family knows Fr. Schliegel)sp? the former President there in the 90's.

Santa Clara, pretty little campus, small down by SJ. I went to DeSmet high school in STL(Jesuit) and the school started right when you were leaving back then.

I have been to Stanford as well a few times, quite the resort, I mean campus there as well.

Have to agree with Schasz on the view of Mt. Rainier. We were in the Seattle area last summer for several days. First went out to the Olympic Peninsula, then southeast toward Mount St. Helens. Skies had been mostly cloudy, but as we rounded a bend in the road there was a break in the clouds revealing Rainier in all its magnitude. The Tetons are cool too, but in a different way--they are a long ridge of many mountain peaks. Rainier is stuck out all on its own, so it seems incrediby high and massive. The other memorable sight from our trip would have to be the devastation still in evidence at the top of Mount St. Helens. Even after 20 years it looks kind of like the moon!

Quickdraw,

I missed going to Mt St. Helens, but my wife went before the move here to FL. Her take was the same as yours on what it looked like. The keep saying that the conditions are right for one of the volcanos to blow again. However, the thing I always worried about was a major earthquake. We experienced a couple minor ones, but they could get a devastating one at any time. Only worry here in FL is hurricanes and you always know if they are coming. Our house is far enough away and not in a flood plane so I am staying put with any hurricane.