Question on how offer made??

There have been many posts about who we have and should have offered by now. I haven't seen anyone talk about how Brad makes his offers and feel that this is probably kind of relevant to who has received offers so far. Also then how do other schools/coaches make offers.

From what I have been reading on the board, it seems like Brad makes getting an offer from him is a very important and probably has a certain way to do so. I would guess that after seeing a kid play or practice, Brad doesn't just walk up to him and give him an offer. I wouldn't doubt though that some coaches do it this way, I just don't see this as how Brad would make an offer. I would likewise guess that Brad makes the offers and not the assistants, while at other schools assistants might be making some offers.

My guess is that Brad probably gives his offer to the kids at some point where he is with the kid and his family, like on a home visit or a school visit. By allowing a home visit or a visit at SLU shows the kid is likewise interested in SLU and not just interested in collecting offers so he can read about them at rivals or scout. Since Brad was still, and may even still be, recruiting for the '06 class, not sure how much personal time has been given for the '07 class yet.

If anyone has insight on this let us know. Like I said this could be part of the reason for why some of the kids haven't received offers.

It varies some people he offers when on an unofficial visit and some he offers over the phone. He offered Brett Thompson over the phone. Other kids he offered during unofficial visits. Last year he called Dustin Maguire when he got back to town from Houston and offered him. So it definitely varies?