Former DePaul coach Ray Meyer dies at 92 ...nm

My remembrance of Ray Meyer was 1979 final four in St. Louis. The marquee matchup everyone wanted was Michigan State (Magic Johnson) against Indiana State (Larry Bird) "but what they forget is that game almost didn't come off. DePaul beat Marquette and UCLA in the regional, and I thought we were good enough to beat Indiana State in the Final Four. But Curtis Watkins, who was our star forward, got hurt, and we weren't going to play him.

Bird had a great night -- he scored 35 points -- but we were ahead near the end of the game. When we ran out of substitutes, we had to put Curtis in. Clyde Bradshaw passed him the ball. Curtis couldn't bend over, so the ball went out of bounds. Indiana State got it, and they scored to go ahead. Mark Aguirre, who was our top player, got the last shot, and it hit the rim and rolled out. That one killed me. Those are the ones you remember -- not the ones you lost by 30, but the close ones."

URL

bills16 said,

"wasn't it about 82 or 83 that the blues talked about moving to

saskatoon."

you mean they didnt move to saskatoon?