Mid Majors Win (again)!! N.W. St. and Bucknell Early

Northwestern State wins with a buzzer beater! Wow...they are better than a 14 seed, just looking at their Non-Conference schedule lets you know. Their wins and non-conference schedule puts SLU to shame (and they knew going into the season that they had no chance at an atlarge bid). Impressive.

11/20 at Missouri L 81-72

11/26 at Miss St W 76-75

12/03 at Wichita St L 57-55

12/05 at Oklahoma St W 68-64

12/21 at Oregon St W 72-61

12/22 Iowa St L 81-77

12/23 Hawaii L 80-76

12/31 at Texas A&M L 73-61

how far did you have them going? tehy are my first sweet 16 team out. but i had them losing there to texas. so i am not too bad with it. apparently an amazing finish. anytime the big 6 conference schools lose though it is good regardless of what it does to my bracket.

it is worth it to watch digger, dickie, fudge and no nantz cry.

courtside said,

"but also Iowa wasn't a strong 3 seed imo."

i agree. considering how well the billikens played iowa, i was amazed they fared as well as they did in big 10 play.

again, i believe it demonstrates that there isnt the gap in talent that packs and his boys like to want us to believe.

iowa would have likely played texas in the sweet 16. indiana or gonzaga will likely play ucla in the sweet 16.