It'll never happen....but

Iggy

Why do all 334 Division I teams get to set their own non-conference schedule? I'm sure the Rams would love to set up their own schedule, but the league does it based on prior year records. Perhaps the NCAA or the conferences should set the schedules. Or set up a formula based on how you finished the previous season. For example, you have to play 3 games with teams from group A, 4 games with teams from group B, etc. Teams shouldn't be allowed to play 75% or more of their OOC games at home.

Perhaps you could set up divisions similar to soccer divisions in Europe. The bottom teams in division one are relegated to division two next year, whereas the top teams in division three are promoted to division two, etc.

Radical ideas, but they could result in a better overall system.

I like the idea, but it has some major flaws. There is no point for a Big East team to play teams that dont have that much talent. It would prevent conferences such as the MVC from inflating their RPI, but I think people have seen through that. The MVC has good teams, but they dont have the athleticism or size of a Big East or ACC team. In my Opinion the Billikens would have been one of the top two team in the MVC. I dont think any team could have stopped Ian.

I am not sure if you are joking or not. Anyway here are the center rankings from CBS Sportsline.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketbal...n/C?&_1:col_1=1

To save you from having to look it up.

Ian V SLU--9

Tolliver Creighton--11

Coleman N Iowa--15

Miller WSU--17

O'Bryant Bradley--19

Steenberge Richmond--33

Frazier Mo St--53

Keita Drake--86

Dyer Ill St--99

That is 7 MVC and 2 A10, so obviously Ian was really challenged in the A10. By the way Miller is the only senior so the other 6 are returning.

Also I counted 5 for the Big East and 3 for the ACC on the list. Also keep in mind MVC has 10 teams, BE 16 teams, ACC 12 teams and A10 14 teams.

There seems to be a lot of envy for the MVC. SLU -DID NOT- win their non-conference games against teams equivalent to MVC teams. Ole Miss, UW-Mil, Hawaii are not great teams. The teams that SLU is soo much better than won some non-conference games against non-cup cakes. Blame Brad for his ###### scheduling (needed the gimmes after the 9-21 season). Also IV didn't dominate A-10 play, so I don't see him dominating in the MVC.