tommy timmy today

billiken_roy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This gets back to one of my original points that CollieDave keeps ignoring. What's the "standard" rating for a college basketball team article. If the scale goes up to 10, should every win get a 10 rating and every loss a zero? Of course Collie refuses to answer these questions and he refuses to share a link to where others can find the program. He's obviously trying to hide something.

Here goes for my last response in a now mindless thread.

I don't care if any Post Dispatch article is fair or not. On the political spectrum, the Post has proven(often and in great detail) that they are not too fair.

I ran a parse engine to sort for negative or positive content, and the scale tipped to the negative for a Timm article. It was negative in the same scale manner that Mizzou articles were from a similar period. This is the school with a fired basketball coach, players looking to transfer, the AD maybe getting canned, multiple investigations, a horrendous season, etc.

Last time I looked, there is no Cliff Notes telling reporters how positive, or negative, their articles should be. However, writers normally develop a style through the years that they use on a daily basis. They can deliberately prime an article to create a negative, or positive atmosphere. You can read one of Joe Bonwich's restaurant reviws if you don't believe me. Words such as fresh, piquant, bursting with flavor are positive, while tepid, congealed, clotted and mushy tend the other way.

Our son's babysitter found three different parse engines to do the analysis last night in a ten minute period. It is not hard to do, if you actually wish to do work rather than argue. Then again, only trolls are unable to accept that Tommie's dad and uncle both post on this forum.

Phan(and Kevin to a lesser extent,) here is another learning moment if you wish. Try hitting the site I tagged in an earlier post, and you may learn something.

Outta this thread.

>Congratulations on your huge self proclaimed victory phan!

>be sure to have a celebratory drink!

Roy,

I will. You were smart enough to turn tail and get out of this thread when you realized how wrong you were. Make sure you celebrate by going on one of your "scouting" missions to a 6th grade boys basketball game this weekend.(You may want to be a little more discreet with your video camera though).

i'm actually going to watch slu's club baseball team play this weekend. no basketball besides slu on the tube saturday nite. sorry i wont be able to get you any updates this week. but thanks for the support.

>Mizzouphan, not everybody shares the hobby you, Footes and

>tigerdeveil enjoy.

Ace,

I have a friend who reads the board on occasion but doesn't post. The other day he asked me, "Seriously, is that Ace guy retarded or something?"

Call Bdick and see if he can help you with your comebacks. Although Bdicks aren't funny they are at least somewhat original. Your comeback everytime is "No I'm not you are." If you want to debate me on something at least make it a little interesting.

>>Mizzouphan, not everybody shares the hobby you, Footes and

>>tigerdeveil enjoy.

>

>Ace,

>

>I have a friend who reads the board on occasion but doesn't

>post. The other day he asked me, "Seriously, is that Ace guy

>retarded or something?"

>

>Call Bdick and see if he can help you with your comebacks.

>Although Bdicks aren't funny they are at least somewhat

>original. Your comeback everytime is "No I'm not you are."

>If you want to debate me on something at least make it a

>little interesting.

Yawn... Time to bring in more reinforcements. The Mizloser triplets are failing miserably. Bring on your imaginary friend because tigerdevil was a bust.

then bonwich won't write a good review. That's reasonable. If the team plays poorly, there will probably be some bad comments in an article.

I'm not so sure about the point of this software, unless the purpose is to crunch through a volume that is too much for someone to handle.

I don't need the weatherman to tell me if the sun is shining, and I don't think that I get fooled subliminally by reporters. I can tell if something is positive, negative, neutral, or mixed.

Another thing that concerns me is that the neutrality of the software is equal to whomever writes the code. PhD or not, everyone has some sort of bias.

I'm skeptical, but I admit I haven't checked it out. I'll try to do that when I get some time.