tommy timmy today

billiken_roy

tommy timmy said today in his post article by the third sentence:

"With goals like that, one would wonder why they didn't add scaling Mount Everest over Christmas break or crossing the Pacific in a kayak. This was, after all, a team that was coming off a nine-win season and entering a new league it knew nothing about."

obviously they know a hell of a lot more than tommy timmy does. i quit reading at that point.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you are very upset that Timmerman basically said "tonight the Billikens have the opportunity to achieve a very difficult goal they established at the beginning of the season."

I've refrained from commenting on your posts ripping him EVERY time he writes an article in the past but I get the feeling Crymdog could ghostwrite for TT, repeat basically everything you said during dinner, and you'd still hate the article. You need to just chill regarding him. He was not in the car with Ian that ran over your dog.

Come on roy, you've been called out that you're totally unfair with this guy. Now you're just making things up to justify your position. He was complimenting the team for setting lofty goals and being in position to achieve them. Heck, even Brad said they were lofty.

This is a perfect example of what's wrong with our society. Biased people decide they don't have to give anyone a fair shake. Busybodies start banning things that haven't seen or read. This is the 21st century, not the middle ages.

I don't know. Roy, I'm with you on this. Timmerman draws on such an extreme comparison. There just seems to be such an overly astounding reaction to the actual successes SLU has the ability to achieve year in and year out. I get sick of that reaction as well. Jesus, it's not like our program is Duquesne or Cal-State Northridge.

Strength and wisdom are not opposing values.

It is also obvious that TT is not that deep a thinker of things basketball, and took the easy way out as far as advocating how much the Bills would improve this year, if the freshmen were actually as good as advertised. It would also depend on Brad and staff actually being a top flight coaching staff.

Well, we have the best ranked defense in the conference, we have the probable two leading candidates for FOY in the conference, the top center in the conference, are in second place, and have a great coaching staff. And a new on-campus arena going up.

This is not a Rodney Dangerfield plea of no respect...it is a holy ######, look at what we have situation! This team has gone through its struggles to arrive at the end of the season in style. We have some good players - now we need another two years of similar recruiting to maintain and advance to becomin a major power in the conference. I am tired of being a nasty edged spoiler.

my point was that once again he has to start negative right from the start. i just want him to get away from the negativty he apparently sees in the billikens. until then, yes, i think he is horsecrap. those of you willing to settle for this 7th grade journalist are sad imo. we should be demanding if not a better writer, at least the editors to ask him to write from a different perspective. but if you all want to accept that, go right ahead.

no where in both of my last two critiques of tommy timmy did i say the article as a whole was negative. i was pointing out that he comes to his point by focusing intially on negativity. get off that. we all know there has been a turnaround this year. the guy hates his job. that is plain to see. personally i dont think he knows much about basketball period. why dont they let him be the slu soccer writer and get someone else to write about the basketball teams? that would probably make everyone happier. however, starky also hates the billikens and apparently just loves the tommy timmy writes.

actually the tone of the article is very good. probably the best perspective he has written to date. however, he says "the Billikens took everything Charlotte threw at them and responded by playing their best game of the season."

i would say it was the best win of the season, but giving up that many points when everyone knows defense is the billiken focus, doesnt bear that view out. it does show that tommy timmy doesnt know much about basketball imo.

since it is the weekend, i dont have access to a copy of the printed paper and only read the account online. just curious, did the billikens make the front page of the sports section at least this game?

please point out specifically my "profanity"? you have really turned obsessive havent you? maybe you need a vacation or something. or better yet, go have another drink with your buddy phan.

i never once have claimed to be a journalistic critic. i am pointing out as a rabid billiken fan, that imo, this guy isnt the guy to write for our program based on the way he comes across to me.

have another drink.

because you are turning into a phanlike clone and i view him as the drunken marine at a bar that just wants to fight for no good reason. thus instead of fighting, i would just as soon let you have another drink. if you dont like that perception, then i guess you need to change it, but imo, you are just phan without the cuss words.

don't you think that part of the reason the Bills gave up so many points was because of Brad's strategy? IMO they collapsed on Withers (the guy who ran up 37 on them last year) and Charlotte went crazy from beyond the 3-point line.

I don't think Charlotte's total refelcted poor defense on the players' part.

If you get upset that people challenge your perception of the media's coverage, that's your problem. It's usually the drunk in the bar who continues to agrue a point after he's been proven wrong.

I happen to agree with you that SLU usually gets a raw deal in where the article is located, but I don't think your gripes about the beat writer are vaild or fair.

after a team makes 9 or so threes, and you see that the likes of alexander, bennett and goldwait are legit (imo, alexander probably has more nba potential than withers and i love withers), then you cant double down and leave those guys open anymore.

it is a tough coaching decision, but the point is, i say the temple game was the best game they played all year, but the charlotte game was the best win of the year.