My Brad ?'s after this game

davidnark

good enough for me. You mean you are close to the V program and don't think SLU should offer all V players scholarships.

Still though, don't you think a major reason we don't push the ball is because we can't. DP in particular, I see so many times he pulls up when IMO he shouldn't. I have seen a few practices and have heard UB urge them to push the floor.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

So who is going to run, don't tell me when we race the ball up the floor and have numbers, the players are told to bring it back out. We have TL, DP, DB and KL who imo can push the ball. AD to some extent. DP has had so many opportunities to take the ball coast to coast and he doesn't. KL seems like he is just getting his feel. DB runs into trouble and can't finish. We are not equipped to run

>>This is true in an uptempo offense, however we almost play exclusively half-court. When Tommie beats his man off the dribble he has a 2nd and sometimes a 3rd player to beat. I have never seen his shots block so many times.<<

From the pack defense, it's hard to get a 2 x 1 break but we often seem to get 1 x 1 or 2 x 2 due to the speed of Tommie and Dwayne down the court ... but our guys almost always back it out unless they have numbers. I'd like to see Tommie given the green light to take his man to the hole any time on the break where he has only one man to beat. If the defender can't get help, I like our odds with Tommie against a single defender. I'd even consider giving that same discretion to Dwayne.

"don't tell me when we race the ball up the floor and have numbers, the players are told to bring it back out"

Good transition offense is a little more complicated than running as fast as you possibly can off a rebound. There's a science to it, just as it is to half court basketball, and very few coaches teach it well. If it's not something you have a lot of experience with, I don't expect a coach to all of a sudden to be able to install one 17 years into his career.

Maybe we just know enough about basketball to know that is what we have. I know though that if I get really mad and write stupid ###### on billikens.com they will probably win more games.

My bad ... Sorry guys.

Here this should get us a win at Temple.

Coach Sucks, he has no clue. He is not even trying. Our players do ok sometimes but other times they don't try either. It seems to me they are just lazy. We need to get a coach who can bring in top 25 recruits next year. We need to be putting out feelers now. I say we get Roy Williams ... the AD and Biondi need to show they are committed to excellence by getting this done. If they don't they suck.

Alright ... no need to even play the game Sunday, I've taken care of it. Mark it down as a win for us. I could keep going and make it a blow out, but I am a compassionate guy.