Coach Rick calling coach Brad

alameda bob

I am sure that he was referencing the problems that Rick Barnes and Texas had with Arizona last night. At one point with just over 3 mins to play, the Longhorns were down by 19...they made a frantic run to make the final margin more respectable.

You got it Schaz. With all the preseason hype about how the Longhorns were supposed to be better than last years final four team and the way Coach Rick tryed to run with the Wildcats and saw himself sinking deeper into a hole they could not climb out of, I thought if he had only seen the way Coach Brad had the Bills prepared on Saturday, his boys would have done better. I see the Bills sneaking up on a lot of teams this year. It takes a while for the word to get around so that everyone in America knows what we do. The answer to "What is a Billiken?"

Texas's loss to Arizona was similar to SLU's at West Virginia--too many fattening cupcakes left them untested and unprepared. They have a tougher schedule now and will likely get better. That said, there are plenty of reasons to be optimistic about SLU given their gritty defensive performance and Reggie's hot hand last Saturday.