thanks steve

after spending about a week following the absolute worst message board on the internet at www.gwhoops.com, i am more thankful than ever as a billiken fan to have billikens.com. not only is the format the worst on the net, the fan activity considering this is a top 25 team is atrocious and embarrassing.

You have to realize what type of school GW is...a commuter school in downtown D.C. The Terps are less than 10 Miles from GW. So who is going to get the attention? A former National Champ or the A-10 Tourney Champs. ACC vs. A-10?? Besides that D.C. doesn't have alot of personality besides the Redskins, so getting enthusiasm for this team will be a long process (years of success).

Correct me if I am wrong Steve, but doesn't GW have the most non-local student body ratio in the nation? It is one thing to say that GW lacks the facilities, commitment etc...to athletics in general...and another to say commuter school. It doesn't have the type of tradtional college campus..etc..

Say Steve, assuming you are a Pol Sci/Govt or thereabouts major...have you had any internships yet? Where? If not, where are you looking? Just curious.

GW isn't as prestigeous as Georgetown, but its rep is improving. We have beaten UMD the past few years in the US News rankings.

Actually half of the student body is required to live on Campus at both Georgetown and GW due to DC Zoning laws.

By the campus life definition of commuter school, then I am more accepting of it. There is campus life, and they are trying to grow it, but it isn't why I came to GW. I went to GW to be in DC and take advantage of the opportunities it provides, mainly: Internships.

I have interned for:

GWU: The First Federal Congress Project

John Kerry for President/Kerry Edwards

GW paid me to be a research assistant for: Christopher Fraser MP of the UK

Office of US Representative Russ Carnahan

This semester I will be working for the Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee

Thanks Steve...was curious. Good for you. I have had a lot of close friends come and go from there, and one of my brothers worked in U.S. trade rep's office in the past among other things. I know academically it is ranked ...for whatever rankings are worth, top 50. And I know based on applications and acceptance, tough place to get in for many, especially post-undergrad. Most people I know went there for grad school, law school, or MBA...good friend of mine was your recent MBA student President. Still know some committee staffers and majority clerks etc...was just curious.