First Time Poster

cowboy, coach soderberg has went with a reduced player rotation by the time conference games came around each year.

i dont recall exactly why he did it each year other than something about allowing the players playing to get into more of a flow.

in the past our depth wasnt as strong as it is now (at least guardwise) so it was easier to accept. however, if the likes of one or two of our 6 guards is sitting for entire games now, it is hard to understand.

as to how do they get into the rotation, practice.

If Luke has to have all day to get set and shoot then he will not be help to us. Everybody should remember Drew Diener when he played against good competetion - he got very few good shots if any and scored very few points. If we are playing inferior teams then fine but the question I will ask is given Luke's current level he does not add anything to floor in that situation then we currently have. Except for the Chistate game we have shot OK against lesser opponents.

I will ask

>is given Luke's current level he does not add anything to

>floor in that situation then we currently have.

I think he currently offers more than DB is bringing to the table. Unless we run, DB is not nearly as effective. Luke is more solid in the half court game and can still shoot the three pretty well despite the slow release. He also has a knack for getting to the basket and either getting fouled or squirting up a shot. Luke needs to play more. That doesn't mean he needs to play 30 minutes a game, but 15 to 20 might be okay. He has had very little minutes this year, including 0 minutes against Iowa while Danny played 15+ minutes.

I would not argue the point you made about Luke instead of DB. The problem is DB has only gotten minutes recently because of AD being out so that might help short term but how does that really help long term this year? Luke got a chance to shoot against Chistate and his shot was pretty ugly looking so I am not sure where people are getting this idea that he has such a sweet shot - he did not show it consistently last year when he did get pt and we have not really seen it this year either. Using h.s. stats gets us nowhere - if it did then DP should be shooting lights out.

he did not show it

>consistently last year when he did get pt and we have not

>really seen it this year either.

Luke played pretty well as a freshman last year when he got the chance. If I recall, the games he started and played substantial minutes, he was averaging something like 10 a game. I could be wrong so I'd need to see the actual stats of games he started.

i've always seen luke as a scorer not necessarily a shooter. he makes the best of the opportunities that came his way and was able to often put himself in good positions to score. the kid is a winner imo.

well, let's just put it this way, Luke should be the first guard off the bench right now and when drejaj returns, second guard off the bench. My depth chart has him higher than DB who is still getting some minutes and doing nothing with them.