Coaching truly makes a difference!

Billikan

Billikan,

Please do...IMHO, we are spending far too much time debating the Goobers from Gooberville when we should be debating the merits of our team. I'm only interested in our kids and could care less about the Goobers.

Yeah Roy, that could be. But "motion" means the players constantly move and that Ross's main job in the offense is to pick. Ross moved to the head of the key and planted himself there. Then he received the ball and held it. The whole offense broke down at that point as the guards needed to come to Ross to get the ball as his passing skills do not seem to allow for difficult passes over distance.

He might have been doing what he was told but I don't think he has the skills to occupy the top of the key in an offense that thrives on crisp ball movement.

Those who've attended a Billikens practice may be aware that Brad Soderberg has the team get into "early offense" prior to getting into the motion. It is something they do if a fast break isn't available after a missed basket to try to get a basket before the defense gets set. I don't want to give away any details, but I would like to suggest that maybe players were actually where they were supposed to be for early offenses.