Given the recent past this may be the saddest......

Roy, the scoop on this kid is that he is friends with a student manager from MU - the manager is no longer there - but that it was the mangager who talked him in to signing. The coach at Redlands tried to tell him not to sign and that he would have his choice of schools this Spring since he apparently is very good player.

We would not have had the same problem - we had more accomplished pgs on the team who at the very least would have mentored Jimmy into the position. The problem is once it became clear that Jimmy was not going to excel at pg a good coach would have talked to him and counsel him in the right position - Quinn could not do that because he never had a pg to fill the void.

>grimes a beast?

>

>well maybe for a total of 30 minutes for his entire life.

>

>anyone that watched grimes in high school can indeed he had

>moments where you thought you were seeing the reincarnation

>of wes unseld. however for every rim rattling roof shaking

>dunk, there would be 10 times where he was thouroughly

>outplayed by 6'2" 180 lb high school centers that couldnt

>even play intramurals in college.

>

>i suspect that trend continues or else $nyder would be a

>total idiot. considering $nyder's job is on the line, i

>seriously doubt that grimes has mended his on court habits

>of effort. if we are voting, i am voting and hoping grimes

>stays in columbia.

Grimes got his high ranking play against the top big men in the nation during AAU, not playing against 6'2 centers in some high school games. He played well in nearly every tournament with several MVP awards and the only top big men he didnt face was his teammate Tyler Hansbrough.

i dont care what some "guru" saw in one selected game when grimes knew he was on stage. i know what i saw when he knew he wasnt on stage and basically laid down.

btw, back in the pre college grimes days from hazelwood east. i always thought it was convienent that grimes writeups on recruiting sites spoke glowingly of his size, and the one or two highlight plays of a specific game. i.e. they likely got turned on by the potential and looked past the whole game.

i saw grimes play a number of times in his eagles days and while he would indeed have the rim shaking dunks, over the whole game, shaw and hansborough were by far the best bigs on the team game after game. not grimes.