SLU beats Dayton 1-1...........

gister

Anyone know why Andrew Reeder and Moses got as much time as Dado this weekend. They both missed point blank shots in Sunday's game Reeder with the head Moses with the foot.

Also Brandon G ... didn't play until the end of the game Sunday.

Was he hurt or did DD just want more size with Guf who played well.

Dado has to be on the field.

One thing I hope we recruit is a little more size. Some of these east coast teams are just so much bigger than we are. If we are going to stay a smaller team we better get guys with a little more possession skills. We were horrible on first touches both games. If we can't bring the ball under control quickly we will never string together the type of passes we need to beat these big teams. Plus we need a stud up front who can finnish consistently and make the defense focus on him. That would also enable us to bring Dado to central mid ... where IMO he could be the guy we need there. He just needs players to work with. Sweet hustles his ass off and is pesky ... but he is not creative with the ball and his passes are frequently too soft.

Anyone know what is up with Brian Grazier.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

I hope he does ... we need him and as you know I have always like his game. He is always so composed and in control. He also distributes well.

Dado looked fine when he was in ... what was wrong?

You know who I had fun watching this weekend? Ryan Wileman, he's slow out of shape and frequently looks clumsey ... but he's tough, doesn't take any crap from anyone and things just seem to happen when he is in the game.

SLUBALLS ... what are your thoughts on Dado ... up front or in the middle.

>

>

>I find it interesting that a year ago the SLU coaching staff

>was very much concerned with the negative impact the weak

>A-10 would have on SLU's ranking. Perhaps this superiority

>complex flowed down to the players.

>

>

Considering injuries and costly early defections SLU won the A-10 regular season title - pretty damn good accomplishment they should be proud of and deserve credit for. The coaching staff's concerns about the conference were correct, the A-10 is a weaker soccer conference and it hurts the ranking. This wasn't a "we don't have to play as hard now" comment but instead a "we likely have to win it all to make the tourney" comment. Despite a very good conference record, the weakness of the conference's rankings overall is not enough to overcome a 3-4-1 record against strong non-conference opponents to get an at-large bid.

As I said, you break it down for days if you want...does SLU deserve to get in...imo yes. Would it shock me if they didn't, no based on a number of things. Do I think they will get in, yes.

As for SLUballs question....I have no idea why Duquesne was ranked throughout the season. It certainly wasn't based on their schedule. Sure, Dan Diego St is a good opponent, but Duquesne lost to them 3-0. I am at a loss to see why they were ranked, other than beating lesser teams. I will take SLU's schedule and results of tying then #1 and current top 5 Indiana 1-1, and crushing top 10 SMU in non-conference. ...two traditional powers. Maybe the A-10 only gets one team...but if they get two and one isn't SLU...maybe I should stop following men's college soccer.

I agree Courtside ... and I think you have them pegged correctly 25-40th best team. They outplayed RI, but lost due to missing way too many easy chances and a huge GK error. They are the best team in the A10

> I agree Courtside ... and I think you have them pegged

>correctly 25-40th best team. They outplayed RI, but lost due

>to missing way too many easy chances and a huge GK error.

>They are the best team in the A10

Yes, they were, but unfortunately the A-10 is viewed as a mid-major in soccer circles. Like hoops conferences such as the OVC, Horizon, and MAAC, winning the regular season title is great but losing in the tourney can be perilous to post-season chances for even the best team. That's unfortunately what happened here. The team will bounce back, however.