Compare this team to 2 seasons ago

Norman_Dale

norman, that is a great point. i was not the most confident fan in the world the year after marque. and we ended up with a nice season. if i reflect back on my feelings about that roster compared to this one, i would say this one bears more talent, but no where near the experience. so if you factor in what they will learn in a very challenging nonconference december, who knows where this might go.

another comparison, i remember four years ago fellow bellevillians wondering how good belleville althoff would be and if kevin lisch would get to play a little varsity before the end of the season. by the end of december he had taken over althoff.

not saying high school is anything like college. but the point is that lisch and liddell have a history of not being afraid to step up before anyone ever dreamed they would.

Roy

I agree with that point 100%. Especially when it comes to KL. I played against KL when he was a freshman and I didnt know who he was. He played like a senior in the way that he always looked for his shot and wasn't afraid to penetrate when he knew he could blow by someone (me, lol). KL will not play scared against anyone.

You bring up an interesting point .... and I don't know how to answer the question on the value of experience. I do know that the proverbial "they" say that the speed of the game changes dramatically as you advance through the various levels so what is good for the goose at the high school level may not translate at this level. Having said that, I believe Kevin will succeed at this level. But how much will we be behind on the experience level? I agree that we seem to be ahead on the talent level. But all levels are interrelated and interdependent. We shall see.

Gentlemen ... start your engines.