Post Article

SShoe

I like the pack ..It seems to me that the trick and they were working on it in practice is to be able to stay with your man. It gets crowded in there and if someone cuts through it is easy to get knocked off course leaving your man open. You have to be able to fight through picks. Also you have to be in position to close quickly. Like Roy said one weak link leaves an open shooter.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

as i said above, the key to the pack is getting out as quickly as possible to not give the pass receiver enough quality open milliseconds to get a good look at a shot. reggie was bad at it. foot is an acceptable excuse. luke, dwayne and danny all came around slowly on it imo from a lack of experience. liddell gives the looks now in practice as well as he isnt ready to play it all out yet. but from my view, it wasnt as effective last year due to the inexperience of our guards that are now a year older and wiser. i like the defense. i totally agree with your assessment of the importance of the three except i categorize the putback as even more important. no team will shoot the three as accurate as the mid range shots, thus there will always be putback opportunities. the team that dominates the offensive boards will win more games imo.