frericks ... down 8 at half at WVa

jjray

For those who cannot catch the game on TV, Ross Varner started at center. Frericks has come in for only short stints ... maybe 7 minutes in the first half (if that much). His asthma thing must be real serious. WVA brought this guy D'or Fischer (transfer) in off the bench and has he been too much for Varner to handle. Coach has not gone to JJ and, with Frericks limited minutes, Varner is overexposed.

BTW, my memory is that we are down 8 at half. Reggie Bryant has 2 points and was very slow to warm up on the offensive end. Izik has looked horrible on the offense end yet again (although he has been rebounding on the defensive end). Sloan and Frericks both have two fouls. I think Izik is going to have to play some up front in the second half at this rate (or coach is going to have to use JJ which, apparently, he does not wish to do). I think he has shortened the bench now the cupcakes are gone (although Philip Hunt got minutes in the first half).

I think Frericks can play, but WVs big men play on the perimeter, Frericks just cannot keep up with them that is why he is not in there.

10 O boards for the Bills one of the few good points.

Thanks for the update I think...no TV down here and I cannot pick it up on radio (for free anyway). We need some players to step it up on the offensive side...looks like early on IO isn't the player some of us hoped he might be.