How many wins does Brad need

He doesnt let his guys play for any major AAU teams that travel to major tournaments. He makes them play for Gameface. AAU is what gets you recruited these days. What you do during the high school season helps you get on the AAU teams, and the AAU tournaments get you recruited.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kansas ha. Illinois ha. They didnt offer him. And he would never get off the bench at either.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=450044

Of the schools on his list, only one of them offered him, and only one of them had interest, that school was Saint Louis University. Nice try though. I'm not knocking Kevin, but dont act like he was just so far above the class of 2005 in the area. Hill and Barnett are studs as well.

Not many. Leon Powell will get most his offers with the Nike All-American Camp coming up, which he was invited to after a strong showing in the Nike Hoop Jamboree. Bobby Hill was also invited. Gameface is extended practice for Vashon, basically. They run their halfcourt offense, they dont get out and run or anything like that. I've been to several of their tournaments. In the Midwest Showdown and the Show-Me-Shootout, Gameface put me to sleep. They play better in the Bonner League. AAU is the top recruiting source now, so expect Vashon players to start going to the high majors in the coming years, particularly Powell, and probably Hill.

What is your point. Irons does have strong D1 talent every year. Dont act like a SLU team that had Lorenzo Gordon, Nick Kern, Jimmy McKinney, Dwayne Polk, Leon Powell, Bobby Hill, and Donny Jackson, Johnny Hill, and Kenny Daniels wouldnt win the A10 next season.

i was told face to face by the lisch family. and if you know the lisch family, they dont lie about anything.

weber was extremely incensed by lisch verbalizing. just the week before the verbal, kevin made an unofficial visit to champaign and weber thought he had him won. after kevin gave his verbal to slu, weber refused to believe it and actually stepped up his efforts for a few weeks until he finally realized it was true.

once again, something you are totally clueless about. you seem to like making an a$$ out of yourself here.

you are speaking in fairy tales problack because that team isnt a possibility in d1 due to the overall horrible academics of vashon. until vashon student wake up and realize they cant get by after high school like floyd apparently lets them skate in the classroom in high school, they will never be a collegiate feeder school more than an occasional player that has the parental direction to ignore the norm. see dwayne.

you said 9 and the article only says,

"Tunstall and Nash signed with Kansas, Cody played at the University of Texas-Arlington and Robinson, who was a junior, later played for St. Louis U. In addition, sixth man Montrell Nash wound up at Memphis State."

it should also be added that none of those finished college. sad.

now later in the article irons claims there were 9 players that were that quality. wonder why the reporter didnt follow up on why the others never made it? probably the answer lies in academics?

>i was told face to face by the lisch family. and if you

>know the lisch family, they dont lie about anything.

>

>weber was extremely incensed by lisch verbalizing. just the

>week before the verbal, kevin made an unofficial visit to

>champaign and weber thought he had him won. after kevin

>gave his verbal to slu, weber refused to believe it and

>actually stepped up his efforts for a few weeks until he

>finally realized it was true.

>

>once again, something you are totally clueless about. you

>seem to like making an a$$ out of yourself here.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=450044

what is your point.

Irons put them in a position to display their talents and earn a basketball scholarship. All they had to do was meet the requirements. He cant do the schoolwork for them. Some kids do the work and some dont. Look at their graduating seniors. Johnny Hill took care of business in the classroom and is going to play D1 basketball. Kenny Daniels didnt take care of business and will be playing Junior College basketball. Its a kid by kid basis. All the Vashon kids arent bad students and all of them arent honor students like Polk, B. Hill, James Washington.

what is the point of your reply? i am telling you that in this instance, i know more about the issue than scout.com does.

you dont get it. the talent becomes a moot point. they become legends that people get to say "remember so and so? whatever happened to him?" take your 88 team for example. not a one graduated from college. if vashon fans really had their hearts in the right place, they would demand that the school stepped up academics instead of just yapping about their basketball skills. until parents and fans do that, all they are doing is setting themselves up for disappointments.

The school prepared them enough to get to college, its their job to stay there. Since they've moved into the new school, they've finally been able to use updated text's where Ronald Reagan is not listed as the current President. The quality of education is a lot better. Polk, Hill, Hobbs and Washington have managed to become Honor students. Do you blame the school for that too.