How about those predictions?

GoSlu

I don't think Roy is a worthless SOB ... I'm not completely denying the SOB part (especially since he won't admit he only did 9 push ups). Roy and I agree some disagree many other times sometimes passionately other times just a little. I basically have 3 problems with Roy ... the 1st one see above and the push ups ... the 2nd is that he has never acnowledged that I have been right in all of our previous disagreements ... and last is that I have seen his free throw shooting ... he should never knock anyone hitting 50% ( I'm not sure he should knock anyone hitting 14% but that is debatable.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

I love broy .. that's why I buy him all those beers! His passion is his downfall ... which is a kind of nice downfall to have. He's suffered as much as I have and probably more for this program. He got to SLU as I was leaving so he actually birthed the "dark years." My main problem with passion is that it sometimes clouds the reality of things.

I have said for a while now that we suffered this year because of our youth. But it was noted by kshoe or tsuegnekillib that youth serves the top echelon teams already in the A-10. Dayton has eight freshmen on its roster. Temple, St. Joe's and X all play four or five underclassmen. While that is true, I think youth can play better in some conferences over others. I don't think, overall, that the caliber of player in the A10 is close to that in CUSA. I have no stats to prove that, its only a feeling. So we shall see. We could get a lot better next year with just this change of conference. But who knows for sure.

Finally, to GoSlu ... soccer means nothing. I have a big yawn to the fact that SLU has been to 42 of the last 46 NCAA soccer tournaments. Who cares. Do I root for SLU? Sure. Does a 9-8-1 year break my heart like a 9-21 year in basketball? Nope. Not even a msitng eye let alone a tear. Its like where i live now ... tomorrow's Sunday paper will have a front story on the Orioles, one on Maryland, maybe one ont he Ravens. Three out of the next four pages will then be devoted to lacrosse. I'll get box scores on games occupying a 1/4 page each. Each will have either "1,200" or "n/a" listed for attendance. Who the f**k cares?!?! Only the people in this part of the country. Same thing with soccer.

Another real example of why soccer won't fly .. more people are likely to go to Arena Football League games in this country. Why? Excitement. In a country of ten-second attention spans .... case closed.