Maybe this will shoot down some dissent and negativity.

SLUAvtr

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/stor..._pat&id=1980454

You know, over the past few days, I just can't believe how farther this board has been coming down on these team. Yes, I'm as frustrated as much as even the biggest Billiken fan, and yes, I think this team has its fair share of problems, both on the team's side and on the coaching side. But come on people! Where in God's name has your Billiken/school spirit gone? I know most still have it, but I'm starting to doubt some people's.

I post this link to remind this board of HOW bad it can really be. I'm not doing this to slam Savannah State one iota, and I actually feel quite saddened for the players, coaches, families, and fans who are SSU's "family". I'm doing this to show that even though we have a losing season this year, it's not as bad is it can be. I hold all of what is associated with the Billikens in the utmost respect, and there's no other team I'd really put my utmost devotion to than SLU. Take some thought before you post for or against this thread, and realize our guys are doing the best they can given the circumstances. There's a lot of clean-up left to do, but be thankful we don't have the writers of ESPN writing a negative story on us every week.

Savannah State, good luck in years to come, and I hope you do finally get that "W" I know you're striving for.

"It's a 106 miles to Chicago...we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.....HIT IT!"

Blues Brothers

It's always nice to see Fr. Wild (MU's president) at the Bradley Center...and in the dorms...and in the dining halls...and at the rec...and at alumni gatherings...and AROUND CAMPUS. We wouldn't know if Biondi pulled atletics even if he tore down West Pine brick-by-brick.