Around the Conference Tonite...

Schasz

Well we keep S. Miss winless tonite, and East Carolina was hammered by Louisville and they also are winless. Here in Tampa, USF loses to the up and down Memphis Tigers...hard to tell what team will show up in any given game. While we are disappointed in our season the Memphis fans cannot be happy with the Tigers performance to date.

Tulane pulls off the upset at home VS UAB and they have now won their first conference game. Our next opponent TCU won tonight and they are playing pretty good basketball. It may not be an easy task beating these guys...hopefully, our guys are ready to reward the home crowd with another conference win against a good opponent.

Outside the conference it was nice to see SPUMAC hammered at home against the Generals team.

louisville won by 50 tonite again. only 7 players played 20 minutes. one would think he would have gotten more players significant minutes in such a game.

The win against Tulane looks a little better after seeing that they beat UAB. I think some on the board were saying that tulane was the worst team they had ever seen. I thought they were a decent team with a bad record. It is weird to say but right now I think the Bills may be the best 4-12 team around and they will be very dangerous for any opponent in the league. We will win a few more league games if we play like we did in the last two games. We could beat a good team if we play like we did for about 20 minutes tonight.

We'll get to find out on Saturday as TCU is a good team. They are sporting a 13-5 overall record and 3-1 conference record. They have won their last 3 conference games against Tulane, at Memphis, and Houston. The loss was a lopsided loss at Louisville...seems like Pitino is trying to beat the crap out of many of the conference foes at home. They also lost at KU in a game that I watched the first half. They appeared to have some decent athletes on their team. Their most impressive non-conference win was against the same Texas Tech team that just creamed SPUMAC in Columbia last night. I wouldn't think that we could get by only playing 20 minutes of good basketball against TCU, but let's hope that we can string two wins together on Saturday with a good game against TCU.