Around the Conference Today...

Schasz

The home teams had a very tough time of it with only 3 home teams winning. Houston won by 10 over S. Miss. Our Bills had a very nice effort on the road and lost a tough one at Charlotte.

I just got finished watching USF get beat by MU by 2 points and MU was rather fortunate to pull off this win. Anyone thinking USF here in Tampa as a sure win for our Bills better think again. This is an improved USF team in Robert McCullum's 2nd season and they have a big time scorer in Terence Leather who I believe is the 2nd leading scorer in the conference. I like their little PG Swift too.

Louisville got Cincy at Cincy in the big game of the day. Memphis shows how up and down they are after a nice win at home against MU, they lose at home to TCU. Depaul beats the hapless Tulane who is rapidly looking like a sure bet for one of the teams not to make the tourney. UAB wins on the road at ECU.

Our road game on Weds. against S. Miss shapes up as a big game as they appear to be another team who may not make it to Memphis for the CUSA Tourney.

Our last 4 games we have played pretty well ... even if this season was going as planned, I don't think we would be shocked or embarressed by any one of our last 4 games in fact most of us probably had us going 1-3 in those 4.

A good game for Reggie and decent games from Ian, Danny, and JJ tonight. Too many turnovers, poor 2nd half free throw shooting and a very bad game from Izik turned the game to Charlotte.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

In what's been just a 3 win season to date...I'm afraid that doesn't make me feel a whole hell of a lot better. I mean when the USF Bulls are playing better basketball than our Bills in less than a seasons worth of competition that's freakin sad to me. I mean I am talking about the same Bulls that did not make the CUSA Tourney last season. Perhaps, your aspirations for this years Billikens were set a whole lot lower than mine.

I'm not easy to please Schasz ... I'm as unhappy and dissapointed with this eason as anyone else ... but it is what it is, we can't go back and replay any of the past games ... so rather than just complain about the obvious ... I am trying to look for positives

we cannot recieve an at large birth. Our Schedule strength is not strong enough to be considered as a sub 500 team. Therefore from every game the rest of the year I am looking for improvement. You want to call that easy to please fine! I think it is unrealistic to suddenly change the rec ord from bad to good. The Knee jerk reactionaries that want to call for Brad'a head because of this season, just do not get it imho.

"Some have higher expectations and hate to losing seasons."

Schaz I have no idea what your expectations are or were, but mine were that they would make post season play. After suffering through the agony of the first 11 games of this season, I have decided that they fell short, way short, and there is no way that they make either the NIT or NCAA as an at large team.

"Others just like to see effort and dream!!! "

Come off you high horse, the rest of us hate this season too! but I for one am not going to call for the coaches head or rail on the players at this point. What is the point!! If anything good comes out of this season it will be seeing IV, DP, DB, JJ and perhaps DC and LM get some playing time.....

Perhaps you are an out of towner and have not seen many of these games, but they have been playing much better these last four games, despite letting one slip away in Charlotte. I have lowered my expectations for this season, I hope they win a few raod games and defend their home court the rest of the season......will it happen, who knows that is why they play the games.

I will echo the same ... look at my prediction ... I thought we were a solid NIT team with a good chance to make the NCAA tourney.

But hey Schasz ... you keep getting disgusted with the losses ... it will help. You are right there are no positives ... this season sucks.