watched the game last night

They looked much better than their record even without reggie. I think Sodaberg messed up in the second half. we were up 2 and then he sits IO and AD who were our best players on the floor last night and 1 minute later we are down 6. This team really lacks an athletic big man. Ian has no clue. Drejaj drove the lane and gave him a beautiful wrap around pass for an easy score and he looked like he didn't want the ball. We need a big man to finish off those passes with authority. We got abused inside. And after all this talk about Polk all year he didn't impress me too much. He was quck and could break the press but that was it, those tear drops in the lane are pretty weak.

Since I don't have cable, I watched Ill - Cinn and it was a terrific game. Unless we start playing D and rebounding better than we have to date, the game will be over at halftime or earlier. I think that IV is a project that will never come to pass, "no mas". If there's any emotion in the guy, he must leave it in the locker room before each game. I have not seen one bit of aggressiveness under the basket by him. I realize this is only his second year, and maybe my expectations are too high, but he's remenistent of some of the biggs that Grawer had back in his early years when the program nearly bottomed out. I know the KL and TL will make a difference next year, so let's get BH ready as I think he has much greater potential than IV. If they could just play a competative game against lower tier teams, such as Oral Roberts and SE Mizzou, I'd have a better feeling for the rest of the season. So goes it.

Happy New Year

Don't you think when we have a player or two who can consistently hit from outside, those drives will be more successful? They seemed to always have more than two people down low whenever we drove.

Being on the road, we certainly didn't get many breaks from the refs. Thought Ed Hightower didn't have one of his better games.

mhg

He was in there with some big tough kids and his youth showed but he was trying. As far as aggression, he certainly got aggressive when he was called for a foul for throwing himself backwards at an Iowa defender. That could have gotten nasty if he connected with the guys head. He new he had done something stupid when he brought the ball and his hands to his head.

That's not aggression, that's emotion and if he could direct it toward the opponents, IMO he'd probably be an acceptable player. As for 11 rebounds in 16 minutes, his height alone will bring him rebounds without much action or movement. And if you think he was in with some big tough kids last night, wait until we meet Cinci next weekend. That's when he'll meet tough. I believe at this point in the season with a 2-10 record, BH is more of our future than IV. He's probably a good kid, but I'm predicting he'll never be the guy that we need up front. I hope he makes me eat my words but I'm betting not.

IV had some aggressive boards ... I commented on the board right after one. He needs to work on his low post moves ... develop a couple of signiture moves that he is confident in and then use them. I also wish he would be more agressive ... but as I said in another post he will play 110 games as a Bill and has played in less than 30% of them with 1 offseason under his belt. Hopefully he will have learned that he needs to work harder in the offseason and make a bit more improvement next year. I think he will.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman