TCU game

slufanskip

I would take that line TT by 20+, oh yeah. Have you not watched football on Saturday this year? Teams like TCU and NIU can beat the name state schools that are traditional powerhouses. TT is not a traditional powerhouse. They have no D and only survive on the play of an outstanding quarterback. Hell, SPUMAC spanked them and they are going through the season the same way.

I'll take that line all the way to the bank. I don't know what bowl TCU will end up in but I hope it is against a Big 12 School that would be nice.

I am not a TCU fan.

You are crazy if you have Tech by 20 over TCU...How bad would it be if Franchione lost to TCU, that would be extremely embarrassing for coach Fran..as far as all this pub for Okie ST...they are not a traditional power they have a 3 headed offensive monster who will all be graduating if I am not mistaken this year...so TCU-Okie St might not be a blow out every yr like some may believe.

When the game gets closer Bills-Froggies we can discuss a place to pregame party if the ppl attending the game are interested... I am local here in DFW so I can coordinate an event if needed..GO BILLS

Easy. Anybody who does not qualify has a learning disability thus the NCAA allows all kinds of special rules to assist. You have a number of players that were admitted using this rule. You can call it what you want. I call it shady. McGruder was convicted in Knoxville. The other kid's case has not come up yet or at least not that I have heard. When you let your All American play the day after he was busted for driving with an open container at 10am, no license, no registration, & no insurance, I'll let you call it what you want.

I am not an OSU fan. I do follow the Big 12 very closely especially in football. Getting good grades at OU is not anything special. The school is considered one of the poorer academic schools in the Big 12. I don't want to argue with you. You seem like a really likeable and knowledgeable sports fan. I enjoy reading your posts. Go Bills. Kick some butt tonight.

I have watched all of the Big 12 teams play a number of times except Kansas and Baylor. I have only seen them play once. I have seen TCU play enough times to know what kind of team they have. Last year I would have said TCU or Tech. Not this year. TCU's defense is worse than Techs. Just because some mid-majors have one some games this year does not mean every mid-major will win against a BCS conference. I'd give TCU and 20 all day long against Tech and thoroughly enjoy taking your cash. I like TCU. I have no problem with them. They are just very overrated this year. Personally I'd be for them if they played a number of Big 12 schools including Tech and OK State.

I agree Tech by 20 seems outrageous ... I think it would be a high scoring game with Tech coming out on top in a close game. It is obvious that you think more highly of TCU than I do though. Even though they were undefeated until yesterday ... they have not played anyone. The number to the side is the Sagarin Rating of the opponent. (It was the only ranking I had on hand)

Consider the following games

At Tulane 109 W 38-35

Navy 72 W 17-3

Vandy 105 W 30-14

At Arizona 104 W 13-10

At S. Fla. 83 W 13-10

UAB 85 W 27-24

Louisville 68 W 31-28

At Houston 86 W 62-55

At S. Miss 49 L 40-28

The first time they played a team with a higher ranking than 68 they lost ... based upon the following I would guess they are between the 60th and 70 th best team in the country.

Same Rankings of Big 12

OU 1

UT 4

KSt 11

OSU 19

TT 21

Neb 24

MU 30

Col 48

KS 64

TAM 76

ISU 93

BU 118

TCU was ranked 34 ... before the loss ... I bet they fall below 50 next week. After further review I would predict that TT would beat them by 10 as a miinimum.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

BillikenTx ... where do you live? ... I graduated HS there at Arlington Lamar ... speaking of football the number 14 school in the USA todays last ranking. They lost their QB for the season in the 1st playoff game last week though. They didn't pass much 8-10 times a game so we will see how much that hurts. They play Coppell at Texas Stadium Sat night. They beat Coppell by about 50 in the playoffs last year so Coppell will be out for revenge.

Skip I am in Carrollton, Dallas Jesuit grad...Dallas Jesuit finally gained acceptance in the UIL...but boy did they send a message here is our new conf: Southlake Carrol (#1 5A defending state champs), Coppell, Flower Mound, Flower Mound Marcus, and Lewisville...that might be the tought div in all of Texas.

Lamar may be nationally ranked but the Dallas Morning News has them #3 in the area behind Southlake and Dallas Carter...Ennis has a phenom QB he just broke the state record for a career for TD passes I think he has like 60 this whole season in the spread offense hes going to Tech next yr...their avg margin of victory is like 45?!

Lamar-Coppell should be the best matchup this week...Coppell has a real good back Thomas Pratt, it should be a good game.

Looking forward to hearing good reports from the Savvis tonight!

Tx ... I don't hardly ever get to see them play anymore ... just what I can follow on line ... My bro and dad are going tonight and probably the rest of the playoffs.

Lamar's current rankings are

DMN ... 2nd area behind Southlake Carroll

AP ... 3rd in state with The Woodlands ahead of them and Carroll

USA Today ... 14th in the country.

Losing their starting QB could be huge ... I don't know how good the #2 is. Also Coppell has the revenge thing on their mind after taking a 50 pt loss last year.

If you hear a score tonight will you post it. Thanks

BlueCrew...JCP class of '99..I just graduated from SLU this past May. Football will all they can handle this next season in football...Wunderlick will be humbled many a time...basketball and soccer should be able to compete right away...baseball might be the worst of it...Southlake was nationally ranked and didn't even win district last year with Flower Mound takin honors let alone Coppell being a top ranked team year in year out...

Skip I will do my best to post the score...(www.dallasnews.com) is a pretty good source for keeping up with scores here in the metroplex. Southlake actually plays the Arlington Colts tonight can could be a close game according to some ppl here in town.