Things are fine

Tonka

I only got to read Steve's play by play, but I think things are fine. We'll get things figured out. I think our two exhibition games were too soft. Yes, I know UMSL was not pretty, but they were still soft. At least with EA Sports, Athletes in Action, you play former D1 players.

I think this loss will go a long way. Last year we played the worst teams in college basketball and we all screamed to play a tougher game in the beginning. Well, we did. Granted this was not a top tier team, it was good competition. We came back and almost found a way to win. We have no stable leadrship on this team ,let's remember that. That's not a knock on Reg or anybody else by any means, but we do not have a 4 year player who saw good minutes all 4 years as a Billiken like we did with Fisher. We have YOUNG players. We're playing out of the country. We do not have a legit PF. Things are kind of where I expected them to be.

This is no disgrace. Yes, I hate Brad starting things off slow, but let's be realistic. Last year in the beginning of the season after things weren't going as we wanteds them too, there were those that were calling for Brad's head. There were many that said we may struggle to even be .500. Well, things got better as the season progressed. Yes, this was a winnable game. But, we lost, we'll learn from it, make adjustments, and regroup.

Things are fine!

Holy crap, has somebody taken over my body? I am normally more harsh than this!

http://www.paradisejam.com/game_upload/men/APSU-SLU.HTM

Shooting was the problem. The Bills had the advantage in every other facet of the game (they even had more offensive rebounds and were outrebounded only because they missed so many shots). Did I read correctly that Austin Peay hadn't even played an exhibition coming in? That makes things worse, in my opinion.