Tip-off time

Quickdraw

Am I to assume that the ladies' game was responsible for the late start? As it was, the game was scheduled for 7:30 instead of 7:00. But it actually got underway closer to 7:45. We weren't accommodating TV. (Heck, we weren't even accommodating radio for this one!)

I'm with slulaw--would have loved to see Bryce make an appearance. Not having had the opportunity to attend practices, I've never seen him bounce a ball. The redshirt year has meant Bryce has been there on the bench for a year now (all 7 feet of him!) and I still don't know what to expect from him--hoping he shows us a bit more skill than John Seyfort.

A couple of posters have discussed DP's impressive speed. I think it was torch who said he may show the best speed we've ever had in a freshman. Perhaps, although Jeremy Biles (not as complete a package as DP) did impress me as a speed demon.

Seyfert was ahead of Bryce, developmentally, at this point. I think Bryce has the bigger upside. We only need a few minutes from him this year; more next year. My impression is that he needs a mentor; I don't know who that's going to be. His head is a little bit down at the practices I've seen. All the coaches at SLU, and most nationwide, were guards in their day. They all have a concept of what a big man should be, but they've never spent a minute in a body like that. It's no accident that Thompson was able to draw big men to Georgetown. My hope is that AB eventually becomes an assistant coach at SLU, and becomes a magnet for the 4's and 5's who will recognize that they will learn from someone who has insight for their development.

I will never understand why anyone outside of close friends and family would follow women's college basketball at SLU. Why do they always try to force feed it to us? And I don't want to hear anyone claim that the women are better fundamentally then the men; it is a myth and a lie.