Holy Land rumor

bk18

Sorry Roy, I feel that Biondi wants to always appear to be winning even when he isn't. Take the new Arena for instance. In my mind that is just another piece to the empire that he has built to go along with many bronze statues that he has on Campus. I do not feel that he gives a rats a** if we have a top 50 program or not. Ask the teachers if he is committed to a top 50 University when the top teachers leave in droves. Fr. B is all about appearences. Thank God for Dr. Chaifetz.

Sorry but I don't give Biondi credit for the arena .He promised a top50 program when Grawer was coach. His idea of building an arena was to allow outsiders to raise the money and then he would build it. Thank God for the good Doc or we would still be waiting.

so chaifetz just up and built the arena and just gave it to saint louis university? no one asked him to make a donation? i.e. the best saint louis university fund raiser in history had nothing to do with it? and chaifetz donated 100% of the needed funds?

look, i agree chaifetz swooped in with the final needed check that made it happen. but there are a lot of other benefactors that did contribute and it was father biondi that found the good dr and brought him to the table.

Roy, you make me want to barf. So Father B asked for the donation sccording to you, and we all know that you are never wrong. That was big of the good Fr. to ask for the donation so he could bask in glory of building an Arena on campus. That was really a difficult thing for him to do.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Roy, I feel that Biondi wants to always appear to be winning even when he isn't. Take the new Arena for instance. In my mind that is just another piece to the empire that he has built to go along with many bronze statues that he has on Campus. I do not feel that he gives a rats a** if we have a top 50 program or not. Ask the teachers if he is committed to a top 50 University when the top teachers leave in droves. Fr. B is all about appearences. Thank God for Dr. Chaifetz.

Sorry but I don't give Biondi credit for the arena .He promised a top50 program when Grawer was coach. His idea of building an arena was to allow outsiders to raise the money and then he would build it. Thank God for the good Doc or we would still be waiting.

so chaifetz just up and built the arena and just gave it to saint louis university? no one asked him to make a donation? i.e. the best saint louis university fund raiser in history had nothing to do with it? and chaifetz donated 100% of the needed funds?

look, i agree chaifetz swooped in with the final needed check that made it happen. but there are a lot of other benefactors that did contribute and it was father biondi that found the good dr and brought him to the table.

Roy, you make me want to barf. So Father B asked for the donation sccording to you, and we all know that you are never wrong. That was big of the good Fr. to ask for the donation so he could bask in glory of building an Arena on campus. That was really a difficult thing for him to do.

I'm fairly certain that Father Biondi had no idea Chaifetz wanted to donate such a large amount of money. I think I heard that in the Bloomberg video??

There have been quite a few situations where a call is made hoping for a $1,000 donation and the result, typically after months of discussions, ends up with something with at least another couple of zeroes behind it. The point to fund raising is connecting with as many potential donors as possible and THAT TAKES A LOT OF EFFORT. Anyone who suggests that Biondi or the school or whomever just happened to get lucky to raise the money for the arena, the business school, the research center, etc. is either misinformed or has a particular narrative in which they are too deeply invested.

He'll yes a lot of people gave money but this was not a huge Biondi priority. Biondi did not go to an Andy Taylor type and say how about 10 million for this arena, he left it to Mike Shannahan who was only moderately successful getting a few million from his friends.

This account is factually incorrect.
No. I don't believe it is.

There have been quite a few situations where a call is made hoping for a $1,000 donation and the result, typically after months of discussions, ends up with something with at least another couple of zeroes behind it. The point to fund raising is connecting with as many potential donors as possible and THAT TAKES A LOT OF EFFORT. Anyone who suggests that Biondi or the school or whomever just happened to get lucky to raise the money for the arena, the business school, the research center, etc. is either misinformed or has a particular narrative in which they are too deeply invested.

yes, Fr. B. does a lot of work raising funds so that he can pay his teachers what they deserve. He should be less interested in statues and more interested in keeping his University in the top 50. I am not deeply invested in any cause except to keep the educational reputation of our University at the highest level. You seem to know a lot about fund raising, maybe you can explain it to me. How do you know how much fund raising Fr. B does. You must be misinformed are have your own agenda.