Cheating in College Basketball - Coaches Weigh In

speaking of cheating, i saw the below story on the CBS website yesterday where Marquette turned themselves in for possible violations.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/19764127/marquette-reports-potential-rules-violation-involving-mens-hoops-to-ncaa

http://www.cbssports...er-in-the-sport

Cal is #1, but Scott Drew at #2 is preposterous. I think they confused him for Rick Barnes.

I can tell you from my personal experience with Scott Drew that he is not a cheater. This story was done with polling of coaches. Scott took over a program in Baylor that was at the lowest point since SMU football received the death penalty. He was able to get over the penalties Baylor was given by the NCAA, one year they couldn't play any non-Big 12 games, and take them to the elite 8. Scott is an overzealous recruiter and non-stop worker. If anything the other coaches in the Big 12 are jealous of him. He has recruited extremely well and some other coaches may feel he should have gone farther with the talent they had at Baylor. But a cheater he is not. I can guarantee you that. Homer Drew would never allow such a thing in his family. Homer would have turned Scott into the NCAA.

I do not know coach Drew like bbtds, but anyone who has been to or driven thru Waco knows it is not an easy place to recruit to, also playing into that is that Baylor is a strong academic university that is ultra conservative. Again, not claiming he is cheating, but given where BU was just a few years ago compared to today, with the talent he has been getting recently and his deep runs into the tourney, would you not assume a bigger name school would come calling and lure him away given his challenges at Baylor? I would not be surprised to see the Texas HC job open up after this year, Rick Barners embodies underachiever and could challenge Cal for worst floor coach with the best talent on the court crown.

I can tell you from my personal experience with Scott Drew that he is not a cheater. This story was done with polling of coaches. Scott took over a program in Baylor that was at the lowest point since SMU football received the death penalty. He was able to get over the penalties Baylor was given by the NCAA, one year they couldn't play any non-Big 12 games, and take them to the elite 8. Scott is an overzealous recruiter and non-stop worker. If anything the other coaches in the Big 12 are jealous of him. He has recruited extremely well and some other coaches may feel he should have gone farther with the talent they had at Baylor. But a cheater he is not. I can guarantee you that. Homer Drew would never allow such a thing in his family. Homer would have turned Scott into the NCAA.

Hahaha. This post is great.

Why exactly are the Big 12 coaches so jealous of him? Because he's an extreme underachiever based on the talent he has? (BTW, it wasn't just Big 12 coaches polled)

Just because Daddy's a nice guy his son can't be a cheater? Wrong.

Even if Scott Drew isn't cheating, he's still a TERRIBLE in game coach. Possibly even worse than Calipari, as much as it pains me to say it.