Conference Schools

Now that VCU and Butler are officially A10 schools and Temple and Charlotte are leaving what happened to George Masson??? Did I miss their decision to stay in the CAA? With both VCU going to the A10 and Old Dominion moving to C-USA I would have thought GMU would abandon ship and leave CAA to go to the A10 or C-USA.

GMU i s still in the Colonial and won't move for the time being.

It was announced that GMU was never actually offered a spot in the A10. Apparently they were a backup choice if VCU or Butler spurned the A10. GMU wouldn't ever move to CUSA as they have no intent of getting a D-1 football team.

Best bet for them is to dominate a much weaker Colonial conference and see if they can go on to greener pastures the next time for conferences decide to expand.

It was announced that GMU was never actually offered a spot in the A10. Apparently they were a backup choice if VCU or Butler spurned the A10. GMU wouldn't ever move to CUSA as they have no intent of getting a D-1 football team.

Too bad, I thought GMU would have made a great edition to the A10. Although SLU would have to consistently play a more difficult schedule than in the past, it would hopefully help with recruitment around the conference. Honestly I do not care who gets added to the A10 as long as they are an annually consistent team (however a regional rival would be nice...)

Creighton would be my choice. Then the A-10 is working toward a good mix of Mid west top tier high mids and could have two divisions to ease travel expenses and promote more regional rivalries. Butler, X, SLU, Creighton, Dayton, maybe ST. B's and Duquense would be a solid midwest division. Play two games against division teams and fill in the rest w/ one game against the East.