CBS and ESPN gushing over Final 4

slu72

Last night and this morning the experts were falling all over themselves about how great this year's final 4 is as compared to recent years. Especially last year's when two (overachieving and pushy) mids crashed the party usually reserved for college BB's elite. No doubt the programs involved this year have long and storied BB traditions, but when looked at in today's light, ie KY's one and done diaper dandies and the whole slimy business of wooing 5 star AAU recruits, you would think they'd champion the little guy a little more for the much longer and harder road they have to travel, ie the mids do it with real student athletes, and not a bunch of wunderkinds who are spending their one year forced exile from the NBA in programs that treat them better than the British royal family. And then we get an interview w/ Calipari where he thinks kids should have to stay two years before entering the NBA. Really, JC, who wouldn't want KY's starting 5 back next year intact for a 6 inch gimme championship putt? This is a rant post, but it still worries me that someday the tourney will be held solely for the benefit of the power conferences, and all us mids, or in our case, high mids, will be left out in the cold.

Other than winning a little money in my pool thanks to UK and KU, I have zero interest in this final four. Can't remember the last time tht has happened. I didn't watch the UK game and only watched the last part of the 2nd half of the KU game, but I came away confident that SLU would have held their own against KU and OSU.

Yeah, one thing this tournament has done for me is really solidify how close we are to being a top team. Normally, I watch these things and think about how bad these teams would blow us out. This year, I watch and think of what could have been if we hit a shot against MSU. If our guys come out confident next year, we're going deep.

We'd have held our own against UL as well. Nobody can hold their own against UK.

This KY team is about as close to unstoppable as a college team can get.

They also could still have Demarcus Cousins and Brandon Knight.

8 Mcdonald's all americans since 2009 and they probably have 3 or 4 more coming in next year.

Congrats coach Calipari you took an all-star team and won a championship. Im pretty sure I could have coached that team to the finals.