X vs SLU history question

slu72

I stand corrected. We also actually swept them in 90-91 but then lost in the finals of the MCC to them in Dayton, which was our last year in the MCC, we moved to the Great Midwest the following year. The year noted above by 09 was our fiurst year in the A10 whereby we then went to Cincinnati and got slammed by St. Joe's in the game foillowing our top four bye path into the tourney 56 to 37.

I stand corrected. We also actually swept them in 90-91 but then lost in the finals of the MCC to them in Dayton, which was our last year in the MCC, we moved to the Great Midwest the following year. The year noted above by 09 was our fiurst year in the A10 whereby we then went to Cincinnati and got slammed by St. Joe's in the game foillowing our top four bye path into the tourney 56 to 37.

That had to be ugliest game I ever saw. We were absolutely a no show for that game.

That had to be ugliest game I ever saw. We were absolutely a no show for that game.

While I agree that we were a no-show, I went to that game and vividly remember the officials allowing St. Joe's to completely take control of the game with their over-the-top physicality similar to the way SIU used to play. On offense, our guards were being mugged every trip down, while on defense, the St. Joe guards pushed off on just about every play. A differently called game could have dramatically changed the way that game went.