Billikens vultures will be disappointed to know that...

Matt Shaw will have a great SIU-C and MVC career (similar to Phillip Gilbert's impact at Bradley) and you won't have to sweat his grades or off-court activities. Hopefully, SIU-C will continue to look at the St. Louis area for some players. SIU-C is another school that has proven you can be very successful without cheating. SIU-C fans should be rightly proud of their program.

BTW, I'm hoping SIU-C wins the MVC post-season tournament just to be sure!

Thanks for the kind words about Shaw and our program. This train isn't going to stop despite losing two big 10 coaches in two years. We are trying to make history for SIU and mid-major basketball in general.

I really think that Soderberg is bringing in some very good recruits with this years class. I expect the Bills to turn the corner this year and make it to the big dance.

GOOD LUCK!!!

(except when you come to the SIU Arena of course)

don't be insulted with speculation. that's just part of the territory with recruiting. it goes on all over the country. shaw could have easily followed painter to purdue, much like josh followed lorenzo to saint louis from pepperdine.

the "vultures" came hard after marque perry and maurice jeffers when spoon left. romar's best recruiting job in his three years was keeping those two from going elsewhere. it also works in reverse because we lost the hollins kid (7 footer) back to the west coast after lorenzo left. can't blame the kid for going back home to LA although if he had stayed here, he would have least experienced what it would have been like to play on a winning team. that hasn't happened yet in his two years at ucla. we did gain our 7' project (bryce husak) when the coach at elon was fired and he was released from his letter.

andre iguidala (sp?) is an arizona wildcat today because nolan richardson was fired at arkansas.

the true vultures are circling around columbia waiting to see what happens with that ncaa investigation. slu is even part of that speculation because jimmy mckinney is from here.

there were a lot of vultures circling around waco, texas after last season. those kids (lucas, roberts) did not get that kind of recruiting interest coming out of high school than they did when after the ncaa slapped baylor with the postseason ban.

bad boyz for life

Whatissaluki or SIUSalukis

Have either of you heard anything about Mark Dale from Belleville East lately. I know Matt Shaw will be a big help next year for the Salukis, but I think Dale will be a factor also.

I haven't heard Dale's name mentioned in a long time and I thought he was sitting out this season for grades and would be eligble next year. Do you know anything thing about him?

by the way, mike dale is a big time talent who can blow up in the valley at siu. he's a 6'5" guard with all kinds of offensive skill. he was a prop 48, i beleive. he lost his way a little bit at belleville east, but he seems to be doing fine now. he's a major talent. i watched him go absolutely crazy in the belleville east tournament in three games. he may have averaged 40 points that week.

Mike Dale is a prop 48 at SIU, (NOT SIU_C DAMMIT, the other SIU is DII), he had a "B" average the fall semester, the anticipation is that he will be awarded a scholly if his spring semester grades are OK, to the best of my knowledge, he has "seen the light." He is good friends with Stetson Hairston, who says he wishes he could stick around a few years, just to watch him play.

I watched Dale play in an AAU tourney in Milwaukee before his senior year and liked what I saw. Very talented player, nice shooting touch, great driving and finishing ability, reminded my friends and me of a young Joseph Forte. SIU has got a good one in Dale if he has indeed gotten his academic situation in order.