Conklin 51 points shy of 1,000

slufan13

This is a tribute to two things--first is Brian's dedication to get better and his incredible hard work in the classroom, off the court and on the floor to become a better and smarter player. The second is the coaching staff and its ability to "coach up" players to really compete at a high level. I don't know if it could ever happen--and it probably won't-- but I saw one of the national pundits picking Brian as the player of the year in the A10 about a week ago. The double and triple teaming has hurt his numbers recently but he is still playing very hard. When you compare where he was as a frosh to where he is now it is truly amazing.

As I watched Kansas dismantle Baylor tonight I thought that Loe has the same potential for growth as Withey, the 4th year player for Kansas. He came out of nowhere this year as a redshirt junior and I could see Loe continuing to develop into at least as good a player with more upside on the offensive end if he continues to work hard and get much stronger. He seems to have the intensity but he just needs to add toughness and that will come with the confidence of being much stronger as he continues to build up his body. Go Bills!

You realize that if 6' 11" Loe develops it could likely be more of a shooting five/four than a traditional five BUT couple him with 7'0" John Manning at the traditional five and it reminds me a lot of Tin Duncan's team at Wake Forest in the early 90s.

You realize that if 6' 11" Loe develops it could likely be more of a shooting five/four than a traditional five BUT couple him with 7'0" John Manning at the traditional five and it reminds me a lot of Tin Duncan's team at Wake Forest in the early 90s.

Except they had Tim Duncan :D