follow the link

>Did anyone transfer from Georgia when they had problems last

>year...did they have to sit out a year if so?

No, but some recruits were did ask out of their LOI's to go elsewhere. However, UGA did not have to grant the releases.

Nobody left Michigan when they got the NCAA ban either.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The NCAA bylaws say that if a player's team is placed on probation and that probation includes a post-season ban he can transfer without the school having recieved permission to speak with him or without a release but I see nothing regarding not sitting out as any other transfer would have to. The Baylor situation was an unprecidented situtation so the NCAA made a one-time exception allowing for immediate eligibility. In other cases you hear people like Vitale whine about how "it isn't fair to the current kids" and all of that crap which tells me they can't just bolt and be eligible.

"it could put us in very good favor with Floyd" .... really.

If SLU, in itself, can't attract the best city players, from Vashon or elsewhere, then so be it. If Coach Irons recognizes SLU and coach Soderberg for what they are and encourages his players to consider SLU that would be great. But if he doesn't, we live with it and go on.

I'm convinced that Polk's performance, both on the court and in the classroom, will put SLU in a very good light with area student-athletes.

i ask you aj, if you were at an "unofficial" party at the final four. and the guy next to you at the bar was an ncaa guy and you struck up a nice conversation over say 8 or 9 scotch and waters and during that "short" time together over the course of conversation that ncaa guy let it slip that missouri was in the process of hammering out their punishment and that it included at least 2 years probation and 1 year post season ban, would you then dog this guy and tell the world? or would you honor the unwritten code since it was shared "off the record". keep in mind, you tell, you might get this guy fired and second you definitely wont ever get any news from him again.

It was probably a number of head coaches and assistants, who supposedly heard from 'an insider' that Mizzou will receive two years probation. I'm sure the source is similar to Bernie Miklasz's source when he stated that Lane Odom and Tony Harvey will probably be fired.

I think it's a foregone conclusion that Lane Odom is gone due to his recruitment of Ricky Clemons. The tricky one to me is whether Mike Alden also fires Tony Harvey. If he does fire Harvey, that leads me to think there is something to Clemons' allegation of illegal payments to Paulding and Johnson. If that allegation is proven true, there's no doubt in my mind that Mizzou will not be participating in the NCAA tourney next year.

i dont doubt your source thinking either, but i can assure you that mine is not implausible either. i guess we wait it out to see.

if the source indeed is just another high profile coach spreading rumors to try to get tyler hansborough, i really think that should be exposed for the world to see just what kind of a snake that coach is.