Somewhat OT, but timely

I watched Mizzou do to Notre Dame what we did to UW. However, they didn't go into a prevent defense with a big lead in the 2nd half - they just went right at them, always. I liked it. Milking the clock usually results in a poor shot compared to running your normal offense, and it gives comfort to the enemy.

I watched Mizzou do to Notre Dame what we did to UW. However, they didn't go into a prevent defense with a big lead in the 2nd half - they just went right at them, always. I liked it. Milking the clock usually results in a poor shot compared to running your normal offense, and it gives comfort to the enemy.

I can see it both ways. The problem with doing what Mizzou did is if you start missing shots the other team can get back into the game quick. It all comes down to coaching philosophy's, and based on past results, I'll take Majerus' over Haith's

I also watched that game and the difference is that Washington is a dramatically more talented team with great athletes and shooters. I was shocked at the lack of athletes and general bad play and fundamentally flawed defense by ND. Abromitas was the only person who could hit an open shot and the guards from MU went around the slow footed ND defenders like they were standing still. When you have no fear that the other team could ever rally in a million years it is easy to free wheel and gun up shots!

Washington was so befuddled by us that in spite of being down by 25 points, they went to a zone for much of the 2nd half and that slowed down the pace. SLU hardly milked it. We built it up to a 29 point lead and I think we were still up 20 with about 3 minutes to go. We were up 18 with 2 minutes to go. We got sloppy in the final 90 seconds, including a bad turnoer to make it a little closer. Look at the game log. No worries. We were in control the whole way. BTW, Notre Dame sucks. Even Metz would agree.