soccer team

superslu

Way too early. All the games SLU has played have been against ranked teams with the exception of FGCU. That was a game that needed to be won, however. Bummer to give up a late goal. Below is who we opened up against this year. This is not an easy non-conference schedule especially with a team with so many new parts either through freshman playing regularly, transfers coming in, or playmakers not playing due to injury (Sweetin).

NCAA COACHES Rankings 9/20

Current ranking/Record

4 Akron (4-0-2) 4 *Lost 4-0

7 Indiana (5-0-2) 7 *Lost 3-1 (We opened up this game so well and went down 1-0 on a quick counter; we were better than the score.)

17 Notre Dame (4-1-2) 20 *Won late in OT

20 Northern Illinois (6-1-0) 13 *Lost at home 2-1; early game in the season.

21 USF (4-2-1) 12 *Won 2-1

Hopefully this schedule has prepared us for the A10 conference schedule. Getting a win against Missouri State this weekend is needed.

Way too early. All the games SLU has played have been against ranked teams with the exception of FGCU. That was a game that needed to be won, however. Bummer to give up a late goal. Below is who we opened up against this year. This is not an easy non-conference schedule especially with a team with so many new parts either through freshman playing regularly, transfers coming in, or playmakers not playing due to injury (Sweetin).

NCAA COACHES Rankings 9/20

Current ranking/Record

4 Akron (4-0-2) 4 *Lost 4-0

7 Indiana (5-0-2) 7 *Lost 3-1 (We opened up this game so well and went down 1-0 on a quick counter; we were better than the score.)

17 Notre Dame (4-1-2) 20 *Won late in OT

20 Northern Illinois (6-1-0) 13 *Lost at home 2-1; early game in the season.

21 USF (4-2-1) 12 *Won 2-1

Hopefully this schedule has prepared us for the A10 conference schedule. Getting a win against Missouri State this weekend is needed.

You're right about the tough schedule, but this team was not typically 4 goals worse than anybody. At least not for about 40 years.

You're right about the tough schedule, but this team was not typically 4 goals worse than anybody. At least not for about 40 years.

Either you believe (and hope a bit) we are in the second year of a growth period for the team or SLU will never be one of the traditional Top 20 teams year in and year out anymore. I choose to believe in the former and McGinty until proven otherwise. He could have easily set up a much easier non-conference schedule given he knew each and every game could be a loss. Instead he went after very high quality teams; I hope it does pay off in the long-run this year and beyond.

Is Sweetin officially out for the season? A healthy Sweetin and maybe we have a win over Northern Illinois and Gulf Coast and everyone is pumped.

I'm not even sure what is wrong with him. Ankle, achilles?? This is two years in a row now that he hasn't been full strength the full year I believe. He changes the game for us because of his skill, speed, vision, and all around play. He's versatile in either being a forward, attacking mid, or wide mid. I hope the idea is that they are just holding him back until we hit conference games.

I'm not even sure what is wrong with him. Ankle, achilles?? This is two years in a row now that he hasn't been full strength the full year I believe. He changes the game for us because of his skill, speed, vision, and all around play. He's versatile in either being a forward, attacking mid, or wide mid. I hope the idea is that they are just holding him back until we hit conference games.

Partially torn Achilles.

Either you believe (and hope a bit) we are in the second year of a growth period for the team or SLU will never be one of the traditional Top 20 teams year in and year out anymore. I choose to believe in the former and McGinty until proven otherwise. He could have easily set up a much easier non-conference schedule given he knew each and every game could be a loss. Instead he went after very high quality teams; I hope it does pay off in the long-run this year and beyond.

I hope to keep playing the high quality teams in the nonconference schedule as well. You can't bring in top talent if you don't, and we won't get that in A10 soccer.