Tu coming back

ESPN reporting that TU Holloway has opted to withdrawl from NBA Draft and return to Xavier for next season. He was projected as a 2nd Round pick. Good for conference.

Even better for the young man to earn his degree.

Patrick.

It will be nice to see Tu match up with KM this season. I think they will have a nice battle. Interestingly, Shelvin Mack has decided to stay in the draft and not return for his senior season. I wonder if the knowledge that Tu is coming back to X made his decision easier, as they are similar players. Personally, I think Mack is taking a risk as it is a good possibility that he won't get drafted until the 2nd round.

This should lock up X as the pre-season favorite. Holloway and Lyons make for a tough backcourt. Relford should be bak gunning after his ACL repair. While purely one-dimensional, you have to guard him no matter where he is mesning no second guard help on either of the other guards driving. I'd still challenge Lyons to see if he has a consistent jump shot. Frease might finally be the dominant horse in the middle he was supposed to be as a freshman. Repacing Jackson might be tough on the intangible side. McLean was pretty solid down low but Taylor and the freshman big from last year showed signs. Plus they will likely have another two or three studs from the recruiting trail in tow. This is now the model program for the high mid-major to follow.

Plus, don't they have a transfer ready to go? A kid from Manhatten or somewhere in the NYC area? Xavier will be tops.