When Did Terell Holloway Change His Name?

Taj79

What, Terrell not cool enough so now he's "Tu?" Maybe an X fan can fill me in.

Got to watch the Bills (ESPNU), Temple vs. Rhodey (ESPNII) and Dayton/Lasalle (CBSCS) all in in the comfort of home on a 42" Sony widescreen. Wonderful viewing day. On one hand, Tempe is methodical, but so much so that I don't get much enjoyment from watching their workmanlike demeanor. Seems LaVoy Allen isn't doing as much as possible yet they still win. I have no clue what is going on at La Salle when Giannini benches arguably the best pro prospect in the A10 (Aaric Murray) for the whole second half against Dayton. No clue what that is about. Murray showed about as much interest in his second half as Jay Cutler did for the Bears. I think Murray gets out of La Salle.

Dickey Simpkins and Pete Gillen are two of the WORST announcers I have ever had to listen to. Yikes! And Dino Gaudio stinks in the studio.

The Bonnies brought Duquesne back to earth, and you have to like that for the Bonnies. Duquesne is not that good but it shows what momentum can do for a team's psyche. GeeDub caught Charolotte basking in the X glow, didn't they? Going to be extremely hard for the Bills to get a home game in the tournament now. Umass is falling, but they aren't any good to start with. There is a lot of mess in the middle of this league with Dayton, Rhodey, GeeDub and Charlotte all mangeled in there. Maybe I'll get to see one more game in person is the Bills come back to GeeDub for the opening round.

Chris Wright threw down some monster dunks at the end but how La Salle leaves the guy go at the end --- even is a press --- is beyond me. Wright had a nice game but it is criminal that Gregory never developed him to be anything more than what he was when he got there four years ago. And Dayton will be the same team every year --- devoid of any fundamental skills but great athletes. Staten will be a great point guard but he is a year away. By then, will Gregory get anybody to play around him with Wright and Johnson gone?

The strata in this league is obvious this year. I think the A10 gets three bids --- Temple and X are locks. The third will be who from Richmond and Duquesne is in the title game. If either stumble, its a two-bid league at best.

Dayton should get to defend their 2010 NIT title tho.

What, Terrell not cool enough so now he's "Tu?" Maybe an X fan can fill me in.

Got to watch the Bills (ESPNU), Temple vs. Rhodey (ESPNII) and Dayton/Lasalle (CBSCS) all in in the comfort of home on a 42" Sony widescreen. Wonderful viewing day. On one hand, Tempe is methodical, but so much so that I don't get much enjoyment from watching their workmanlike demeanor. Seems LaVoy Allen isn't doing as much as possible yet they still win. I have no clue what is going on at La Salle when Giannini benches arguably the best pro prospect in the A10 (Aaric Murray) for the whole second half against Dayton. No clue what that is about. Murray showed about as much interest in his second half as Jay Cutler did for the Bears. I think Murray gets out of La Salle.

Dickey Simpkins and Pete Gillen are two of the WORST announcers I have ever had to listen to. Yikes! And Dino Gaudio stinks in the studio.

The Bonnies brought Duquesne back to earth, and you have to like that for the Bonnies. Duquesne is not that good but it shows what momentum can do for a team's psyche. GeeDub caught Charolotte basking in the X glow, didn't they? Going to be extremely hard for the Bills to get a home game in the tournament now. Umass is falling, but they aren't any good to start with. There is a lot of mess in the middle of this league with Dayton, Rhodey, GeeDub and Charlotte all mangeled in there. Maybe I'll get to see one more game in person is the Bills come back to GeeDub for the opening round.

Chris Wright threw down some monster dunks at the end but how La Salle leaves the guy go at the end --- even is a press --- is beyond me. Wright had a nice game but it is criminal that Gregory never developed him to be anything more than what he was when he got there four years ago. And Dayton will be the same team every year --- devoid of any fundamental skills but great athletes. Staten will be a great point guard but he is a year away. By then, will Gregory get anybody to play around him with Wright and Johnson gone?

The strata in this league is obvious this year. I think the A10 gets three bids --- Temple and X are locks. The third will be who from Richmond and Duquesne is in the title game. If either stumble, its a two-bid league at best.

Dayton should get to defend their 2010 NIT title tho.

With 7 or 8 games left, there are no locks in this league. Xavier and Temple both have a lot of work to do if they want to be at large teams, starting with Xavier's road game this Tuesday at Georgia.

Taj79,

Tu has had the nickname "Tu" since he was a very young boy. He grew up answering to "Tu." Before this season, he asked Chris Mack if he could change references to him - how he was addressed, how he was presented in print media, etc. - to "Tu" instead of his formal name of Terrell. They worked out something where Holloway had to do something to earn it; probably academic and athletic in nature, but I don't recall the details.

Holloway earned it and Mack honored the deal.

Otherwise, congratulations to you guys for playing a great game and for making noise in the Cintas Center. Fellow Jesuit fans taking advantage of their close proximity to abundant alcohol.

I could clearly hear the airball chant on TV. I wish the cameras would have zoomed in on JR at that point for his reaction - something like "I thought this was a home game" or something to that effect.

Taj79,

Tu has had the nickname "Tu" since he was a very young boy. He grew up answering to "Tu." Before this season, he asked Chris Mack if he could change references to him - how he was addressed, how he was presented in print media, etc. - to "Tu" instead of his formal name of Terrell. They worked out something where Holloway had to do something to earn it; probably academic and athletic in nature, but I don't recall the details.

Holloway earned it and Mack honored the deal.

Otherwise, congratulations to you guys for playing a great game and for making noise in the Cintas Center. Fellow Jesuit fans taking advantage of their close proximity to abundant alcohol.

I could clearly hear the airball chant on TV. I wish the cameras would have zoomed in on JR at that point for his reaction - something like "I thought this was a home game" or something to that effect.

HATE.