Communications

GOSLU68

Listening to the Duquesne FM station post game and promotional spots during the game should just scream "help us".

SLU alums and basketball fans suffer the humiliation

not of defeat in a basketball game but lack of energy in the program.

Okay we have Margo Lubus and Tom Keith-can anybody add another positive influence in this program?

Let's open it up name something good happening at SLU, currently.

Duquesne just beat us with 2 freshmen guards.

Listening to the Duquesne FM station post game and promotional spots during the game should just scream "help us".

SLU alums and basketball fans suffer the humiliation

not of defeat in a basketball game but lack of energy in the program.

Okay we have Margo Lubus and Tom Keith-can anybody add another positive influence in this program?

Let's open it up name something good happening at SLU, currently.

Duquesne just beat us with 2 freshmen guards.

This program is an absolute disaster. I had lunch with a friend of mine today.........He is a Kansas alum and benefactor. He specifically asked about the basketball team and made the comment that he loves college basketball and would like to attend more games, however he went to one game last year and he could not believe, that with such a great venue, there was absolutely no energy ("a dull experience") . Furthermore, he can not believe that as the only D1 program in town, they cannot fill the building. He lives in Chesterfield and sees absolutely no media or markeiting information for the program, which he sees as unbelievable.

We should be absolutely embarrassed. We need to clean house immediately, starting with Chris May. He sits a few rows behind me. I passed him on the way out of the Dayton game...He had his head down and was twiddling his thumbs...yes, he was really twiddling his thumbs. My dad even made a comment and he is a bit of a homer. That ###### ***** attitude is not welcome by me here in StL....Move to a hippie commune you d-bag. If i was in his position, I would be apologizing to fans for 1) the Situation, 2) the program, 3) this season, and 4) my own ignorance.

I think I'm done as I am starting to have chest pains.

This program is an absolute disaster. I had lunch with a friend of mine today.........He is a Kansas alum and benefactor. He specifically asked about the basketball team and made the comment that he loves college basketball and would like to attend more games, however he went to one game last year and he could not believe, that with such a great venue, there was absolutely no energy ("a dull experience") . Furthermore, he can not believe that as the only D1 program in town, they cannot fill the building. He lives in Chesterfield and sees absolutely no media or markeiting information for the program, which he sees as unbelievable.

We should be absolutely embarrassed. We need to clean house immediately, starting with Chris May. He sits a few rows behind me. I passed him on the way out of the Dayton game...He had his head down and was twiddling his thumbs...yes, he was really twiddling his thumbs. My dad even made a comment and he is a bit of a homer. That ###### ***** attitude is not welcome by me here in StL....Move to a hippie commune you d-bag. If i was in his position, I would be apologizing to fans for 1) the Situation, 2) the program, 3) this season, and 4) my own ignorance.

Could we sum up your positive spin "we have a Kansas fan living in Chesterfield who would love to see D1 basketball fan at the Chaifetz?

Count this Mizzou fan as one who disagrees. I haven't yet been to a game this year (fallen on some hard times financially), but went to quite a few last year and didn't find the experience dull at all. He must have just gone to a bad game. The air in the building might be a little stale this year because of on the court results and overall attitudes towards "the situation," but chaifetz is lightyears ahead of games back at scottrade.

I also am a KU grad and have become a pretty big SLU fan the last 5 years since moving back to St. Louis. Season tickets and donations to the athletic program and Billiken Club. It is kind of apples to oranges to compare the two though. I have been to games at over 50 college venues and not much compares to cameron indoor and phog allen fieldhouse. I think SLU has an above average atmosphere and got quite rowdy last year but this year has been pretty deflated. I do get extremely frustrated by the lack of media coverage and the promotion of the program. A few billboards here and there just don't cut it. Someone needs to grow a set in the athletic department and get everyone to realize that this is the only game in town. I can honestly say that away from a SLU game, I have NEVER seen anyone wearing a SLU Jersey. You cannot go anywhere in Kansas City area and not see a Kansas or Missouri Jersey. Just an observation.

The best way to get people talking about SLU and getting a better atmosphere...win!

agreed and it is easier to win when you can show quality recruits that they will be treated like other big time division I programs. If you want to run with the big dogs, you at least have to try and leave the porch occasionally.

I also am a KU grad and have become a pretty big SLU fan the last 5 years since moving back to St. Louis. Season tickets and donations to the athletic program and Billiken Club. It is kind of apples to oranges to compare the two though. I have been to games at over 50 college venues and not much compares to cameron indoor and phog allen fieldhouse. I think SLU has an above average atmosphere and got quite rowdy last year but this year has been pretty deflated. I do get extremely frustrated by the lack of media coverage and the promotion of the program. A few billboards here and there just don't cut it. Someone needs to grow a set in the athletic department and get everyone to realize that this is the only game in town. I can honestly say that away from a SLU game, I have NEVER seen anyone wearing a SLU Jersey. You cannot go anywhere in Kansas City area and not see a Kansas or Missouri Jersey. Just an observation.

I was just in Hays, Ellis, and Salina all west of KState on highway 70 and every office I was in seeing customers had KU calendars.

SLU needs to honor one member of the faculty with 8 family tickets in the loyal Blue area every game-not on the court but with the microphone in the stands.

As a 30 plus year fan I like the recognition to the old loyal Billiken deal they are doing. Someday I hope my wife and I are in the kiss cam. too.

This fictitious doctor John Doe of the Physics department i.e. imagine he could have written a paper on carom angles above the rim or drafting in fighter squadrons.

The guy might become a Basketball supporter after 7500 of us cheer his journal article or teaching anniversary at SLU-mention he has degrees from Georgetown, Cornell, and Stanford.

The results: his nephew may go to SLU instead of De Paul or Marquette and SLU picks up a braniac freshman for the SLU crew or whatever we call them this year. Cost to SLU $200 worth

of unsold tickets-zero as long as we are not selling out.