Comments from Brad on Sports Plus

Brad had some interesting things to say tonight. Here's a brief recap:

-Frank asked him how the Bills were able to overcome four double digit deficits this year. For Marquette, Brad said stifling D in the 2nd half. Depaul, Ross Varner's play and fast paced offense. Houston, "luck". Iowa, slowly chipping away at their lead, and not losing faith in the guys.

-Brad conceded that his team is not fun to watch, but said that with Polk, Liddell (fingers crossed), and Meyer, he's hoping to run a transition offense. Right now, his responsibility is to give his team the best chance to win, and that's not with a transition offense.

-Brad compared ND guards Chris Thomas and Chris Thomas to "two Travis Dieners," saying that their basketball IQ's are high and are playing as hot as any backcourt in America. He pretty much said in order to beat the Irish, we're gonna have to shut both down.

Other interesting one liners:

Player who he would let his daughter date: Ross Varner

Best coach in NCAA: Coach K

Player who he would like to be a Billiken:Travis Diener

Chris Sloan: heart

Phil Hunt: opportunistic

Lorenzo Romar: a great man

Who he has winning it all: Pitt

I TIVOed Ch5' interview and Watched Ch 4' done by Tiger Tim. Even though Frank did the Ch 5 interview, the job done on Ch 4 was much more informative including Brad's comments about the current record and if it was a surprise to him. All in all, Steve Savard's Sunday night show continues to far surpass the new Ch 5 show with Rene and Frank tripping over each other with the added bonus of not having to listen to the Racist Twins, DJ and smilin' Tuna.

On Sports Plus Frank asked if UB could see himself staying at SLU throughout his career...talked about the values of the University and all. He said yes he could. Said he was a religious person, that he prays alot, and that prayer would tell him if he was in the right place. I'm paraphrasing a little here (I was dosing off a little).

Coach's wife has some family in the ST Louis area.

Frank asked if his son was recruited to go to a certain HS, said he wasn't.. Don't know what that was all about. Anyone out there with info on that?

Official Billiken.com sponsor of John Duff

My cousin goes to Duchesne and has played some pickup ball with him. He said he's a pretty good player, good ballhandler and shooter for an 8th grader, for playing against high schoolers. But he heard he's not going to Duchense. Brad may be sending him to a public school out there, which I guess is either of the St. Charles. Duchense was terrible this year so I guess that's the reason.

Go Bills. I think this would be the sweetest win of the year. On the road, full house, snooty crowd and school.

I have a brief story regarding this issue. My wife and I were at a "Tip Off" club get together at Humphrey's. This was shortly after Brad was receiving some heat for not recruiting Ahearn and reportedly Steiner was upset. During his comments, Brad remarked that he was talking with Steiner recently about something related to his comments but my wife's observation was that in actuality, Steiner was probably trying to recruit Brad's son who we had heard was a pretty good player.