Polk vs. Perry

I've got a question for those that have seen Polk play. I'm interested to know what his style of play is compared to Marque. Does he, right now, he have the same quickness, stop and pop, passing , run the offense, defend as well abilities as Marque? If not, does he have a realistic shot of developing into an NBA caliber player like Perry? Overrall, what do you see as their similarities and differences?

I've only seen Dwayne play once and that was last year while he was still recovering from his injury. However, the one obvious difference is Dwayne's superior outside shooting ability v. Marque. At this point, Dwayne is not as strong in the upper body as Marque but he'll have time to work on that. As to quickness, I have not seen Dwayne play when he was 100% so I won't venture an opinion. Other posters have commented though that Dwayne has regained his lightning quickness this year.

Dwayne will be a great point guard at SLU. At this point I would say that he may not have Marque's first step, but I think he is faster getting down the court. As has been said, he is a far better outside shooter. He is also a good student, and very well spoken, so I think he will develop into a great leader.

That is a tough comparison ... DP is a point first. Marque was a scorer first. I would suspect that DP has a better feel for running an offense and probably a better outside shot ... but I can't imagine he has Marque's ability to get to the hole and finish

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

I only saw Polk play against ESL. I was very impressed. He really gets after it on defense. He gets his shot off quickly. He gets his teammates involved. He had a couple of lightning quick moves to the hole. For a little guy, he had incredible hops. He will have to put on some strength. I like the energy and enthusiasm with which he played. It's hard to say how he'll stack up with Marque, but he should help right away. He should be our quickest player the moment he steps on the court. I'm excited to see how he'll play with Reggie. If we can just add Tommie to the mix, Wow! We'll have some quicks out on the floor.